YOUREWINNER.COM

Alternate Star Wars titles

#31 14-04-2012, 04:50:05 AM
#32 14-04-2012, 06:03:33 AM
Anyways...
Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy — Special Effects > Acting, Story, etc. / Samuel L. Jackson > Harrison Ford / Cold Hard Truth > Lies
Jar Jar's Big Adventure (not joking)
Family Guy: Blue Harvest — Patriarchal Dude: Single Most Toothless Parody Known to Mankind
what

Also...

WHY IS EVERYONE SO BLIND TO THE EXTENT THAT THEY CAN'T SEE THE IMPORTANCE OF SPECIAL EFFECTS

SERIOUSLY THE 1-3 TRILOGY WAS MADE RECENTLY AND THEREFORE HAS MODERN CGI AND poo poo AND THEREFORE HAS LESS CHEESY SPECIAL EFFECTS THAN THE 4-6 TRILOGY

ONLY non-heterosexual personS CARE ABOUT ACTING AND STORYLINE
are you agreeing with this, I can't tell

woah that post is from 2008

I looked at the topic where it came from, it was back in the age where meep didn't talk properly
That post about Special Effects was obviously sarcasm, any true WINNER knows 4-6 is better. However, 1-3 has SAMUEL L. "MOTHERfetchER" JACKSON, so I have to give some credit

Unsuky
#33 14-04-2012, 11:40:14 AM
  • "Just put those other *toy* machines in the garbage or something"
  • Rigcoins: 8623.50
  • Send Money to Unsuky
    Trophy
  • Untagged+
  • "Double the Mega Power"
There just wasn't enough realistic space battles in star wars.

"Make your selection now!"
Dissident
#34 14-04-2012, 14:11:50 PM
  • the ultimate, the muffin man
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 99833079.59
  • Send Money to Dissident
    Thumb Up
  • dissident b shirtweeaboosexual orientation unclear+
  • "smash the patriarchy"
1-3 were pretty good as films in their own right, especially 3.
don't even joke about something like that

Dissident International Anti-Furry Organization
O-ZONE
#35 14-04-2012, 14:45:46 PM
the longer the light saber fight the better

bjorno the hedgehog
#36 14-04-2012, 17:21:20 PM
pod racing is sweet

cheers m8
bjorno780 http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2969/freesorfzl1.gif
#37 21-04-2012, 06:03:25 AM
Even though I don't like the prequels, I think it's annoying how RedLetterMedia fanboys can't form their own opinions and think his review is "irrefutable proof" and anybody who thinks otherwise is a drone. Also, I think SW has one of the worst fanbases ever, because they mostly waste their time ranting about how much "tEh prequals suk!!11" and how they want to kill Luca$$h in his sleep.

Dissident
#38 21-04-2012, 13:21:59 PM
  • Administrator
    Thumb Up
  • "smash the patriarchy"
They made a whole movie about the fanbase and their opinions on Lucas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_People_vs._George_Lucas) and as I understand it it's not entirely negative.  People like the Red Letter Media reviews because they laid out the glaring flaws of the prequels, putting words to the general bad feelings fans get from watching them.  They're filmmakers and know what makes a good movie (even if they can't make one themselves) so the stuff they say makes sense from a technical perspective.

I can't blame the fanbase for being perpetually bitchy about the prequels.  They totally gutted the fantastical universe of Star Wars and are really bad films in general.  What's worse is that Lucas is to this day retooling the old films and removing nostalgic charm with every bizarre alteration he makes.  It's not like Star Trek where the source material is stupendously cheesy, so Star Trek fans don't care that all of the TNG movies were really stupid (the Red Letter Media reviews of these are pretty great too, though a lot more nitpicky and lore-related).  The whole ordeal is pretty much indefensible from Lucas' side, he clearly just wants to make more money and doesn't give a damn how his fans feel about it.  I'd be really mad about it too if I cared that much.

#39 21-04-2012, 13:47:43 PM
They made a whole movie about the fanbase and their opinions on Lucas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_People_vs._George_Lucas) and as I understand it it's not entirely negative.  People like the Red Letter Media reviews because they laid out the glaring flaws of the prequels, putting words to the general bad feelings fans get from watching them.  They're filmmakers and know what makes a good movie (even if they can't make one themselves) so the stuff they say makes sense from a technical perspective.

I can't blame the fanbase for being perpetually bitchy about the prequels.  They totally gutted the fantastical universe of Star Wars and are really bad films in general.  What's worse is that Lucas is to this day retooling the old films and removing nostalgic charm with every bizarre alteration he makes.  It's not like Star Trek where the source material is stupendously cheesy, so Star Trek fans don't care that all of the TNG movies were really stupid (the Red Letter Media reviews of these are pretty great too, though a lot more nitpicky and lore-related).  The whole ordeal is pretty much indefensible from Lucas' side, he clearly just wants to make more money and doesn't give a damn how his fans feel about it.  I'd be really mad about it too if I cared that much.
I agree with what you're saying—that the prequels are bad SW films and, in general, poor cinema (though I'm dumbfounded as to how movies like Thor—what with their hammy overacting, fake CGI, and blatant escelation of the prequels' flaws—were well-received, yet the prequels weren't), and RLM makes good points about why they suck. But it gets rather tiresome (at least to me) to see someone get shot down by RLM fanboys just because they like the prequels to a slight extent, not to mention how almost every article about Lucas is spammed with lovely comments such as this:

I want to tear out Lucas' throat in a street fight—and then fill the hole with scraped out black lung and light it on fire.

Dissident
#40 21-04-2012, 14:08:12 PM
  • Administrator
    Thumb Up
  • "smash the patriarchy"
In case you aren't aware, every article (and everything else) on the internet is spammed with poo pooty malicious comments by giant morons with no original opinions.  But in the case of Star Wars fans there is something to their bottomless hate that we can all agree is legitimate, instead of simple political or racial differences like in most dumb comments.

As for the matter of prequels vs other movies, it's all about expectations.  The original Star Wars Trilogy is a good movie series, it was well made for its time, the story is solid (though simple, but in a good way), the acting is great, and there was an expectation that the prequels would live up to that.  They failed in pretty much every single way except graphical effects, which is the least important part of telling a good story.  Everyone knows Thor and other dumb movies are going to be dumb, so all the reviewers and moviegoers care about is action and special effects (which the Star Wars prequels nailed as previously stated).  I watched it and it was even worse than I expected, but I'm not angry at the producers because I knew it was going to be really bad already.  The movie that DID make me angry about how dumb it was was Watchmen, which has excellent source material but completely missed the point of the graphic novel and was basically a tits-and-fight scenes kind of movie.

JAVIKS
#41 21-04-2012, 14:23:34 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 366522.57
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Thumb Up
  • TAG TEAM CHAMPDadCoors Light Fan+
  • "cats are like potato chips"
i said it once, i'll say it again

red letter media is goddamn hilarious

JAVIKS
Dissident
#42 21-04-2012, 14:36:43 PM
  • Administrator
    Thumb Up
  • "smash the patriarchy"

:texan:

I've started keeping up with Half in the Bag lately

Cat Brush
#43 21-04-2012, 14:58:23 PM
Half in the Bag is great.

bladehq
Skrag
#44 21-04-2012, 16:29:18 PM
  • Welcome to the layer cake son.
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113636.99
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Trophy
  • sergey avatarwelcome to the layer cake sonBIG PICTURES+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"

what do you think of the latest Star Trek movie

KoЯndog
#45 21-04-2012, 23:10:43 PM
  • hi
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 4710.12
  • Send Money to KoЯndog
    Thumb Up
  • MILFrahowa fanPageant Winner+
  • "Improved signal transfer and corrosion resistance"