Ziggurat

Cirus
#1 08-11-2014, 02:49:06 AM
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 9811976.69
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Tapatalk Thumb Up
  • Head Cynic/Obscure Metalheadsmug hipstercool as the rockies+
I'm going to make a quick post about Ziggurat which has quickly become one of my favorite releases of 2014. The game is another entry in the rapidly growing genre of roguelites sharing similarities with games like Paranautical Activity. You venture down a semi random dungeon to defeat the end boss and win the game. Die, and you start from the beginning.

You start your game by picking one of several characters (though only one is unlocked in the beginning). You typically start with only your wand, which uses mana from a replenishing mana pool. There are 3 other categories of weapons you can acquire throughout the game: spells, staffs and alchemical weapons, each with their own mana pool. That means that you can have 4 total weapons at a time. Within each of those 3 categories are a large number of weapons to choose from to suit your character. When you level up you can choose from 2 perks.

The game features a ton of unlockables (characters, weapons, perks) and replayability. One of my favorite things about the game is that there is never any truly unfair situation. There are certainly some very, very difficult rooms but I've never experienced one I felt was impossible. The gameplay is quick, fluid and responsive. The developers have released two impressive updates already and it looks like they will continue that in the future. They are quick to respond to bugs and are active in the community. Finally, the game is gorgeous although it doesn't seem to be very well optimized right now. I occasionally get some slowdown on my PC.

Overall I recommend this game to everyone here!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/308420/

cirus_
JC VON BASTARD
#2 08-11-2014, 11:48:33 AM
Looks cool I suppose. I added it to my WISH LIST

jcthedude
ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
#3 08-11-2014, 19:03:28 PM
  • Это вроде сосать быть Дарта Вейдера
  • Rigcoins: 30212916.90
  • Send Money to ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • BrazilianThe NapsterPC Master Race+
  • "I hate people"
These kind of games intrigue me but one key feature for me must be how the weapons feel to shoot. All the ones I've tried so far felt really lame (mainly because it's mostly magical-based)

Cirus
#4 08-11-2014, 20:34:08 PM
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 9811976.69
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 8 Thumb Up
  • Head Cynic/Obscure Metalheadsmug hipstercool as the rockies+
These kind of games intrigue me but one key feature for me must be how the weapons feel to shoot. All the ones I've tried so far felt really lame (mainly because it's mostly magical-based)

I think I know what you mean.  It feels a lot better than any other roguelite I've played but it is still magic.

cirus_
#5 08-11-2014, 20:58:31 PM
yeah i want to be rambo, not fetchin harry potter!!

#6 08-11-2014, 21:28:18 PM
- Last Edit: 08-11-2014, 21:38:39 PM
even my filet is smoking weed, yeah non-heterosexual persongot the steaks are high

Skrag
#7 09-11-2014, 05:47:33 AM
  • Welcome to the layer cake son.
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113636.99
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 7 Trophy
  • sergey avatarwelcome to the layer cake sonBIG PICTURES+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
I'm not sure if those lightning bolts were very effective

Dissident
#8 09-11-2014, 14:23:44 PM
  • the ultimate, the muffin man
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 99833079.59
  • Send Money to Dissident
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • dissident b shirtweeaboosexual orientation unclear+
  • "smash the patriarchy"
I also highly recommend this game

the weapons feel great to shoot, the sound is very punchy and I enjoy killing things with glowing balls

Dissident International Anti-Furry Organization