YOUREWINNER.COM

Only BROTRR, huh?

Thunder
#31 24-01-2013, 05:52:43 AM
Dark Survival 2 took one developer three years of work and it still isn't finished. That game is that developer's masterpiece.
Pffft.  Okay.

Shouldn't works of art like that be sellable?
You'd need buyers.  What are you doing exactly to find those?

If the end product is the same, why do you care what the process was? Sure, DS2 took a lot of effort and time and was only made by one person, but when it is finished you will at the very least be able to call it a game.
The phrase "but when it is finished" clearly implies that DS2 is not an end product.

(((the rest of this narcissistic whining)))
It is incredibly sad that you beg this hard for a participation award.

OK, look. I think I've reached an important threshold of understading regarding this: consumers are retards.

A successful game needs these four things:

polished graphics
lots of good sound effects
pop culture references
takes a hell of a long time to beat

You could completely leave out animations, collisions, music, etc. You could totally ignore the story. You could artificially inflate the difficulty thereby making it take longer to beat. Consumers are retards, and they want a game to be as retarded as possible.

yourethunder
Svetlana
#32 24-01-2013, 07:29:50 AM
it's like i'm really watching a machine try to comprehend human nature

lana_chan my name is erin
Thunder
#33 24-01-2013, 08:01:33 AM

Look, first they were playing Farmville. Then, they were playing Cave Story. Then, they were playing Minecraft. Then, they were playing Zumba Fitness. Now, they're playing Chivalry. Next week, it will be Halo 4. The point is, games are a product. Entertainment is a product designed to get you to part with your money.

yourethunder
Svetlana
#34 24-01-2013, 08:09:25 AM

Look, first they were playing Farmville. Then, they were playing Cave Story. Then, they were playing Minecraft. Then, they were playing Zumba Fitness. Now, they're playing Chivalry. Next week, it will be Halo 4. The point is, games are a product. Entertainment is a product designed to get you to part with your money.

wow that is so completely true and not at all retarded

Thunder
#35 24-01-2013, 09:09:14 AM

You may not want to believe it, but that's the truth of the matter, and it's the burden I have to bear. It makes me sad that art doesn't pay the bills, but it just doesn't. I am only trying to cater to what people actually want.

yourethunder
Svetlana
#36 24-01-2013, 11:12:18 AM

You may not want to believe it, but that's the truth of the matter, and it's the burden I have to bear. It makes me sad that art doesn't pay the bills, but it just doesn't. I am only trying to cater to what people actually want.

by doing absolutely nothing but rip off other people's (bad) work and whining when nobody has coded something you want coded for you

JAVIKS
#37 24-01-2013, 11:17:05 AM
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 366522.57
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Thumb Up
  • DadCoors Light FanTAG TEAM CHAMP+
  • "cats are like potato chips"
Yo if ds2 doesn't have the most cutting edge pump up high adrenaline original indie electronic soundtrack then I don't even want to play the game

JAVIKS
ZMannZilla
#38 24-01-2013, 17:15:54 PM
  • "There ain't no stopping us now, we celebrate on the floor"
  • Rigcoins: 3877803.30
  • Send Money to ZMannZilla
    Trophy
  • Kind heartGreat fatherWAAAGH!+
  • "YOU LOOK STU-PID *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*"

big rigs is great and i want to suck his cock

"Yeah, let’s bring back the Attitude Era…so we can see Shawn Michael’s anus while they shill toys." -RD Reynolds
Z. Mann Zilla
Thunder
#39 24-01-2013, 21:30:26 PM

by doing absolutely nothing but rip off other people's (bad) work and whining when nobody has coded something you want coded for you
Nothing like a healthy dose of reality. I'm trying to reach some universal truth while you're telling me I'm a lazy idiot.

Yo if ds2 doesn't have the most cutting edge pump up high adrenaline original indie electronic soundtrack then I don't even want to play the game
Why should I even respond to that?

That's funny.

yourethunder
JAVIKS
#40 24-01-2013, 21:36:35 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Thumb Up
i don't give a single poo poo if you respond to that or not, just put the goddamn aforementioned soundtrack in the game if you want it to be marketable

JAVIKS
Thunder
#41 24-01-2013, 21:42:13 PM
i don't give a single poo poo if you respond to that or not, just put the goddamn aforementioned soundtrack in the game if you want it to be marketable

Are you implying that I should make that soundtrack myself? That's the only way it will be original.

yourethunder
JAVIKS
#42 24-01-2013, 21:51:28 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Thumb Up

Are you implying that I should make that soundtrack myself? That's the only way it will be original.
yes that is exactly what i am implying

JAVIKS
Thunder
#43 24-01-2013, 22:27:33 PM

yes that is exactly what i am implying
Well, I'm terrible at making techno MIDIs. There are just too many notes. I can not do as requested.

yourethunder
JC VON BASTARD
#44 25-01-2013, 01:36:04 AM
well then don't make a midi, silly

jcthedude
Thunder
#45 25-01-2013, 04:39:11 AM
well then don't make a midi, silly

Then, what would you have me do? I don't have any actual instruments (and I'm terrible at keeping time), so I'd have to compose the music on a computer. All of the good music composition software uses MIDIs on some level. GarageBand doesn't literally export to MIDI, but it doesn't sound the same, and software like that isn't really for composition. There are of course experimental music "toys" that loop through a square grid of notes, but software like that is very limiting and there's no good way to record it.

yourethunder