YOUREWINNER.COM

New player - Need a bit of help

#1 28-12-2012, 15:58:31 PM
Hey guys,

Just got the game and first of all I want to say I love it, I was really glad to find a community that is still active and discussing this great game. I'm using Megaone and seem to be having a problem keeping a way from the cops - I keep trying to run them off the road but that doesn't seem to work and i'm unable to even finish one race without getting pulled over and having my contraband seized. Could anyone offer some tips on how to get past the cops? I'd really like to get to the second map. Also is there a choice to haul legitimate , non illegal cargo so I don't have to worry about the police?

Thanks for the help in advance I really appreciate it!

#2 28-12-2012, 16:02:48 PM
The cargo must always be illegal.  There is no fun in hauling legal cargo.

A pro-tip for outrunning the cops:  hold down the "w" or "up arrow" keys.

:bluerig:

Cirus
#3 28-12-2012, 16:02:58 PM
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 9811976.69
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Thumb Up
  • Head Cynic/Obscure Metalheadsmug hipsterProfessional Football Manager+
Naterdoo made a recent post about how to get away from the cops.  I recommend you look at his tutorial, it should be very helpful.

http://www.yourewinner.com/index.php?topic=12961.0

cirus_
#4 28-12-2012, 16:11:35 PM
Thanks for the quick response, i'm looking over the tutorial and will give it a try. It's given me an idea to perhaps stay off the road and stick to the valleys where the cops will have less of a chance to see me. I can get through the roadblocks alright but it's them chasing me that is causing a problem. Will my rigs suspension take damage if I go offroad too much and will this impact the later stages of the game? I'd rather not use a camera cheat to spot them ahead of time as Naterdoo suggests I want to pass them the way the creators intended the game to be played.. No offense or anything but Naterdoo's method feels like a bit of an exploit or at least a grey area. Also will going on rough terrain damage your cargo and impact your score?

Rigism88
#5 28-12-2012, 18:56:59 PM
Thanks for the quick response, i'm looking over the tutorial and will give it a try. It's given me an idea to perhaps stay off the road and stick to the valleys where the cops will have less of a chance to see me. I can get through the roadblocks alright but it's them chasing me that is causing a problem. Will my rigs suspension take damage if I go offroad too much and will this impact the later stages of the game? I'd rather not use a camera cheat to spot them ahead of time as Naterdoo suggests I want to pass them the way the creators intended the game to be played.. No offense or anything but Naterdoo's method feels like a bit of an exploit or at least a grey area. Also will going on rough terrain damage your cargo and impact your score?

The police cars aren't built for the grey void, so to avoid them, that is your best hiding place  :roddy:

Pwning LOSERS since 2003.
#6 28-12-2012, 21:13:27 PM
  • Big Rigs physics define the purpose of our existence.
  • Rigcoins: 202.60
  • Send Money to Naterdoo
    Trophy
  • +
  • "I was LOSER once, but I became WINNER"

Exploit? Cheating? If Stellar Stone didn't want you to be able to use the camera in such a way, he wouldn't have put it in the game. I think it would be an insult to him if you didn't. It would be just like someone cooking a home made meal just for you and you refusing it. It would make that person feel like crap, like they wasted their time. Now use it. It really does help. So far, I have delivered my illegal cargo every time because of it.

#7 28-12-2012, 21:24:42 PM
Hi Naterdoo,

First and foremost thank you so much for taking the time to not only put together a tutorial for outrunning the cops (I think lots of newbies are experiencing this same issue) but also for taking the time to personally respond to my post. The community on this site is fantastic and I've only been here a very short time.

If using the tree/camera is not considered an exploit i'm going to give this a shot, from your screenshot it looks like smooth sailing as far as the eye can see and not a single cop - On my game the cops are all over.

I wonder if megaone has a higher heat rating than what you are using or something, or if i'm on an extra difficult extra illegal cargo run? Maybe i'm just not that good yet. Going to try your method in a few hours tonight and hopefully win the race and get my cargo in on time.

Thanks again and keep on rigging

#8 28-12-2012, 23:57:32 PM
  • Big Rigs physics define the purpose of our existence.
  • Rigcoins: 202.60
  • Send Money to Naterdoo
    Trophy
  • +
  • "I was LOSER once, but I became WINNER"
Hi Naterdoo,

First and foremost thank you so much for taking the time to not only put together a tutorial for outrunning the cops (I think lots of newbies are experiencing this same issue) but also for taking the time to personally respond to my post. The community on this site is fantastic and I've only been here a very short time.

If using the tree/camera is not considered an exploit i'm going to give this a shot, from your screenshot it looks like smooth sailing as far as the eye can see and not a single cop - On my game the cops are all over.

I wonder if megaone has a higher heat rating than what you are using or something, or if i'm on an extra difficult extra illegal cargo run? Maybe i'm just not that good yet. Going to try your method in a few hours tonight and hopefully win the race and get my cargo in on time.

Thanks again and keep on rigging

I play Megaone all the time. He's my favorite big rig. A race without Megaone is a race without a part of me. So I don't think Megaone has any effect on the spawn rate of cops. In my level, cops spawn as many as there are roadblocks so it's not too overflowed.

If there are cops all over, try lowering/raising the graphics. It may reduce the amount of cops. You could also try the patch that they released. It makes the other big rig move and maybe the cops will be attracted to the other rig so you can make a run for it to the finish line.

Also, in order to get there faster, you could skip a checkpoint and just get to the one after that one. That means you don't have to get every checkpoint and you have less chance of being caught, after all, this is a stealth game.

I'm very distressed that you have been caught by the cops. I don't think I could imagine a day where I couldn't read the text, YOURE WINNER. I truly hope that you find the finish line and be  :stamp:

Skrag
#9 30-12-2012, 19:14:57 PM
  • Welcome to the layer cake son.
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113636.99
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Trophy
  • sergey avatarwelcome to the layer cake sonBIG PICTURES+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
One good way of escaping the cops if they are chasing you is to find a bridge; if you're WINNER enough, your rig will go through the bridge and you can hide underneath whilst the LOSER cops can only drive over the bridge.

You can also drive extremely fast in circles, this will make any pursuing cops dizzy trying to keep up, allowing you to escape easily :roddy:

omegamarth
#10 11-01-2013, 18:43:13 PM
One good way of escaping the cops if they are chasing you is to find a bridge; if you're WINNER enough, your rig will go through the bridge and you can hide underneath whilst the LOSER cops can only drive over the bridge.

You can also drive extremely fast in circles, this will make any pursuing cops dizzy trying to keep up, allowing you to escape easily :roddy:

The first tactic works sorta like in Batman: AC, when you play as Catwoman...

Except that Big Rigs came out about 9 years before AC.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/MikeBalrogsPunchOut
Jemina
#11 13-01-2013, 11:53:31 AM
:trophy: