YOUREWINNER.COM

What are some tips for my date with a kawaii Taiwanese exchange student?

Classic Meepington
#1 29-10-2011, 00:51:59 AM
details: I saw her across the cafeteria one day and said she was cute and then axed my taiwanese mutual friend if he could introduce us. She was looking for a non douchebag brody beerpong Canadian boyfriend. Guess we're going to have a dinner sometime next week. And she speaks pretty good English so I'm told. Please oh manly Zmann help me out and give me tips. :stalin:

(\_/) Hi! I'm Bunny ^.^
(^.^) Copy and paste us to your siggy so we can
(")(") achieve WORLD DOMINATION!
Dissident YOU'RE WINNER!
#2 29-10-2011, 01:33:40 AM
she won't hesitate to call meep the top gun

Cirus
#3 29-10-2011, 01:35:10 AM
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 9811936.89
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Thumb Up
  • Head Cynic/Obscure Metalheadsmug hipsterProfessional Football Manager+
Bring your anime figurines and discuss them over dinner, women like a man who is confident.

cirus_
#4 29-10-2011, 02:13:49 AM
Just be yourself. :)

scuzzyneighbour
#5 29-10-2011, 06:20:58 AM
Take many manly pills.

beerwithstraw
Classic Meepington
#6 29-10-2011, 10:24:45 AM
today was a good day

I need some advice from someone who actually knows women. Cirus don't count.

(\_/) Hi! I'm Bunny ^.^
Dissident YOU'RE WINNER!
Cirus
#7 29-10-2011, 11:08:46 AM
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 9811936.89
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Thumb Up
  • Head Cynic/Obscure Metalheadsmug hipsterProfessional Football Manager+
today was a good day

I am every bit as married as ZMann

cirus_
Classic Meepington
#8 29-10-2011, 14:43:27 PM
today was a good day

I am every bit as married as ZMann
Yeah but I've got more hair on my toe knuckles than you have on your beard.

(\_/) Hi! I'm Bunny ^.^
Dissident YOU'RE WINNER!
ZMannZilla
#9 29-10-2011, 16:23:15 PM
  • "There ain't no stopping us now, we celebrate on the floor"
  • Rigcoins: 3877803.30
  • Send Money to ZMannZilla
    Trophy
  • Kind heartGreat fatherGood at minecraft+
  • "YOU LOOK STU-PID *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*"
Q: What are some tips for my date with a kawaii Taiwanese exchange student?

A:
Oh boy, congrats on living the nerd-boy dream, and welcome to the cold hard reality of interracial dating for white people.

The biggest and best tip I have is to forget everything you know about "cultural understanding", in fact try to forget that it even exists.  I've seen too many white guys go straight for the whole "I'm SO fascinated by your culture let's talk about it all night" thing.  You're dating a woman, not the cultural development of Taiwan.  Be fascinated with HER, as a person.  That tip alone is about 75% of the battle, allowing you to treat her like any other girl you'd take on a date.

The other 25% is that there are still going to be some cultural differences.  You shouldn't bring them up or fixate on them, just acknowledge that it will happen and deal with it.  For example, "pretty good English" still implies there will be a language barrier.  To figure out how this will affect the both of you, I recommend going to a movie or event BEFORE going out to a full meal.  This way, the two of you have something common to discuss, which will help the both of you compensate for these differences.  Or, if you'd rather eat first, go do something social after the movie, like bowling or pool.  The goal is to have a common conversation topic that isn't about either one of you.

Other culture things you should be aware of: if for some reason you think you're in the year 1930 and you plan on giving her flowers, give her 8 red, yellow and/or pink flowers.  DO NOT GIVE HER WHITE FLOWERS.  Also, the Taiwanese have a whole weird retarded set of complexes about accepting gifts as it is, so just don't give her any gifts until you study up on it.

Basically though, just be confident and play to your strengths.  Chew with your mouth closed, be entertaining and receptive, and make sure you conduct yourself in a way that says "I am manly and also not a rapist".

big rigs is great and i want to suck his cock

"Yeah, let’s bring back the Attitude Era…so we can see Shawn Michael’s anus while they shill toys." -RD Reynolds
Z. Mann Zilla
#10 29-10-2011, 16:27:33 PM
also grow a manly mustache.
women like to kiss men with mustaches, it tickles

Classic Meepington
#11 29-10-2011, 20:03:36 PM
Thanks Vanilla Gorilla, made me laugh at some parts and I'll remember your advice. Yeah they really do believe in all that bad luck magic stuff so I'll have to watch out, shouldn't be a problem unless I start imitating a tea kettle (s sound means death or somethin). Will be sure to tell you how it all goes, I imagine it'll be awkward as all hell because sometimes I go long periods without talking because I can't think of anything to say.

(\_/) Hi! I'm Bunny ^.^
Dissident YOU'RE WINNER!
ZMannZilla
#12 29-10-2011, 21:28:23 PM
  • "There ain't no stopping us now, we celebrate on the floor"
  • Rigcoins: 3877803.30
  • Send Money to ZMannZilla
    Trophy
  • Kind heartGreat fatherGood at minecraft+
  • "YOU LOOK STU-PID *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*"
I imagine it'll be awkward as all hell because sometimes I go long periods without talking because I can't think of anything to say.
Here's something you can do for that:

At some point before your date, write a list of 10-20 things that you are really interested in and/or have at least 10 minutes of talking material about.  Then write each one on a little piece of paper, and put all the pieces of paper into a pocket.  That way, if you're in danger of hitting an uncomfortable silence, you can reach into your pocket covertly for a random topic.

big rigs is great and i want to suck his cock

"Yeah, let’s bring back the Attitude Era…so we can see Shawn Michael’s anus while they shill toys." -RD Reynolds
Z. Mann Zilla
Classic Meepington
#13 29-10-2011, 21:48:48 PM
I imagine it'll be awkward as all hell because sometimes I go long periods without talking because I can't think of anything to say.
Here's something you can do for that:

At some point before your date, write a list of 10-20 things that you are really interested in and/or have at least 10 minutes of talking material about.  Then write each one on a little piece of paper, and put all the pieces of paper into a pocket.  That way, if you're in danger of hitting an uncomfortable silence, you can reach into your pocket covertly for a random topic.

Hmm could you find a way to set it up in a way that can backfire hilariously so I can write about it in my future autobiography? (example: writing the list in spaghetti sauce on the underside of my arm)

(\_/) Hi! I'm Bunny ^.^
Dissident YOU'RE WINNER!
#14 29-10-2011, 21:53:41 PM
bring your body pillow

that'll break the ice

O-ZONE
#15 30-10-2011, 07:42:26 AM
bring a gun just in case you run out of options