Should META'd be replaced with SKRAG'd?

#16 24-07-2013, 12:16:38 PM
  • to itself
  • Rigcoins: 513.27
  • Send Money to Beer w/Straw
    Windows XP Thumb Up
  • doesnt have image usernameScienceEnlightened by his intelligence+
  • "Transcendental Ignorance"
This thread can be really confusing if you're stoned.

beerwithstraw
#17 24-07-2013, 13:04:24 PM
What about a picture of a Freddo?

Excellent Music Records
#18 24-07-2013, 13:08:03 PM

#19 24-07-2013, 13:29:43 PM
Everybody agrees on it so use it.

Excellent Music Records
#20 24-07-2013, 13:31:16 PM

ZMannZilla
#21 24-07-2013, 14:23:13 PM
  • "There ain't no stopping us now, we celebrate on the floor"
  • Rigcoins: 3877803.30
  • Send Money to ZMannZilla
    Tapatalk Trophy
  • Great fatherKind heartWAAAGH!+
  • "YOU LOOK STU-PID *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*"
Meta encompasses a clear and universal concept - posting about posting.  It's something we do all the time, so the lack of use is actually kind of baffling.

By contrast, ratings named after individual users, based on projected personality quirks and impermeable in-jokes, are narrow and exclusive concepts. I couldn't tell you if I've ever written a SKRAG'd post, because I don't know what that is even supposed to mean. It's even less clear than STEEV'd.

TBH I'm not really sure why we need such a finely divided rating system to begin with. The only 3 I use consistently are trophy, thumbs up, and turd.

big rigs is great and i want to suck his cock

"Yeah, let’s bring back the Attitude Era…so we can see Shawn Michael’s anus while they shill toys." -RD Reynolds
Z. Mann Zilla
#22 24-07-2013, 14:28:43 PM
I guess but to me steev'd and skrag'd have very clear purposes , so does ZIGS and even Diss'd. They are not really in jokes either, anyone who hangs out on this forum regularly should know what all of those mean.

We don't need diss'd when we have this though::   :kawaii:

ZMannZilla
#23 24-07-2013, 14:38:00 PM
    Tapatalk Trophy
They are not really in jokes either, anyone who hangs out on this forum regularly should know what all of those mean.
"anyone who hangs out in this forum regularly" = in-joke.

"Yeah, let’s bring back the Attitude Era…so we can see Shawn Michael’s anus while they shill toys." -RD Reynolds
Z. Mann Zilla
ZMannZilla
#24 24-07-2013, 14:39:04 PM
    Tapatalk Trophy
Also, I just told you I don't know what SKRAG'd is supposed to mean.

Z. Mann Zilla
#25 24-07-2013, 14:47:06 PM
This would be a great time to update the Wiki with such information!  :belair:

#26 24-07-2013, 14:58:28 PM
Also, I just told you I don't know what SKRAG'd is supposed to mean.

Because you've made maybe 25 posts in the last 6 months. Not that there is anything wrong with that or anything. I don't think you are really quite as regular as you once were. If you were, i'm sure you would know what SKRAG'd means.

ZMannZilla
#27 24-07-2013, 15:07:47 PM
    Tapatalk Trophy
Again, you're making my point for me while completely missing it. An "in-joke" is by definition a joke that only a few people have the information available to get.

Most people (both within and outside this community) either understand the concept of "meta" or have adequate resources to look it up. By contrast, I would have to be aware of which forum thread it was decided that "SKRAG'd" was a thing in order to ascribe any value to either the post rating itself or the posts people mark with that rating. And I'm just a guy that takes breaks from time to time, consider this from the perspective of a new member.
2x Meta 1x Baby 1x Gay 1x Trophy 1x Thumb Up
View who rated this post

Z. Mann Zilla
#28 24-07-2013, 15:10:50 PM
hi im new

Excellent Music Records
#29 24-07-2013, 15:11:05 PM
Again, you're making my point for me while completely missing it. An "in-joke" is by definition a joke that only a few people have the information available to get.

Most people (both within and outside this community) either understand the concept of "meta" or have adequate resources to look it up. By contrast, I would have to be aware of which forum thread it was decided that "SKRAG'd" was a thing in order to ascribe any value to either the post rating itself or the posts people mark with that rating. And I'm just a guy that takes breaks from time to time, consider this from the perspective of a new member.

Fair enough, but SKRAG'd was around and used frequently for months before it got taken away. I had no clue what meta was until someone told me and even then I thought it was retarded. If you only use 3 ratings you shouldn't really be bothered by this anyway.

ZMannZilla
#30 24-07-2013, 15:32:26 PM
    Tapatalk Trophy
I'm not bothered. You want people to post, and this is actually an intellectually stimulating topic because it raises difficult questions and forces self evaluation. I also see no wrong in pointing out the absurdity of a community that needs to click a Coors button every time the word "Coors" is mentioned, yet seems to miss that the meta rating would be the ideal rating for, among other common things around here, every single post in which someone bitches about the meta rating.
4x Coors Light 4x Meta 2x Baby 1x Trophy 1x Thumb Up
View who rated this post

Z. Mann Zilla