JAVIKS
#1 10-05-2015, 16:54:39 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 366522.57
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • TAG TEAM CHAMPDadCoors Light Fan+
  • "cats are like potato chips"
Today I'm going to review the Kirkland brand of light beer, aptly named "Light Beer". A review 6 months in the making, This beer first came to my attention when @Cat Brush  told me Costco had began selling it, and he informed me that it would be my Christmas present.

Fast forward to December and I was greeted by not a 6 pack, not 30 rack, but a whole 48 can case of Kirkland light beer provided by Catbrush for the low low price of roughly $20. The story goes that this beer was far too good for many people to handle, with many people returning full cases back to the store in exchange for lesser beers such as keystone light and corona. Being the beer advocate I am, I decided to crack one open and give it a taste right then and there in Catbrush's living room.

Top view                                             Side view

Much to my surprise, the beer went down smooth as butter, a calming sensation overcame my body and I felt instantly refreshed, almost as if it was infused with water straight from the Rockies. I then knew that the stories were true and that this particular beer was for too powerful for many people to handle. I drank about half the case over the course of the next couple weeks of my winter break, being my beer of choice when I wasn't being given free beer by my neighbors.

The can design felt powerful with demanding shades of grey accompanied by red accents that seemed to give you strength as you shotgun the beer. You almost couldn't even feel the pain of crushing the xth can in a row on your head after you lost track of how many you had consumed. The pale golden hue of the beer was like a shining light that wanted nothing more than to illuminate the darkness of your stomach, scaring away the monsters lurking within. Due to the fascist laws of our country, I wasn't able to bring the rest of the cans onto the plane with me back to school, I only pray that they're still sitting in my garage when I return, and that my parents haven't discovered the truth of Kirkland light beer and continue to ignore it's existence.

Overall I would say Kirkland light beer is the love child of Coors Light and the cheap genericness of Kirkland Brand.

7/10 :leek:

JAVIKS
#2 10-05-2015, 19:03:28 PM
Thanks

I know that Kirkland water tastes as good as the rockies so it really doesn't surprise me that their beer is great as well.

bjorno the hedgehog
#3 10-05-2015, 19:05:15 PM
i need to buy this
THANK YOU JABIKS FOR THE ENLIGHTENMENT

cheers m8
bjorno780 http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2969/freesorfzl1.gif
Dissident
#4 10-05-2015, 19:29:29 PM
  • the ultimate, the muffin man
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 99833079.59
  • Send Money to Dissident
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • weeaboosexual orientation uncleardissident b shirt+
  • "smash the patriarchy"
the reviews say it's really sweet so I kind of want to try it

too bad I never will

Dissident International Anti-Furry Organization
bjorno the hedgehog
#5 10-05-2015, 20:03:45 PM
who can get me into an american costco???? LETS GOOOOO

cheers m8
bjorno780 http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2969/freesorfzl1.gif
Skrag
#6 14-05-2015, 13:51:40 PM
  • Welcome to the layer cake son.
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113636.99
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 7 Trophy
  • welcome to the layer cake sonBIG PICTURESnot skraggarak+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
I want to try the new Game Of Thrones beers, but i'm not sure where to buy them from here in the UK

Cat Brush
#7 14-05-2015, 14:18:34 PM
Costco sells that too. I'm told it isn't that great.

bladehq
JAVIKS
#8 14-05-2015, 14:49:18 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 366522.57
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Tapatalk Thumb Up
  • TAG TEAM CHAMPDadCoors Light Fan+
  • "cats are like potato chips"
That's a challenge if I ever heard one

JAVIKS
#9 14-05-2015, 15:16:30 PM
Remember when I told Ben & Jerry's to make a Coors Light flavoured ice cream?

Well, instead they made an ice cream flavored coors light
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/04/16/ben--jerrys-new-belgium-brewing-ice-cream-beer-craft-beer/25898761/

Anyone tried it?