What is the appeal in WWE

RowdyTuesday
#1 11-07-2014, 14:29:00 PM
  • "Grandma, I don't think we're in Vladivostok anymore."
  • Rigcoins: 27591.72
  • Send Money to RowdyTuesday
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • Speeks the truthsnooPINGASusualJudy Garland Fan+
It's fake and scripted. The theatrics and special effects are cool but the drama and storylines don't seem particularly interesting.

Boxing used to be good but the judging on the first Pacquiao vs Bradley fight showed the world that it is rife with corrupt judges. In MMA they at least usually make the right call and there is a lot of activism to only allow people who've actually been in the octagon to call the fights.

DZ
#2 19-07-2014, 17:05:37 PM
  • grrrraaaaaaagggh
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 144.00
  • Send Money to DZ
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • Active memberszaps dicksNot Active Enough+
  • "i am a trailer park hooker"
It's easier to understand if you think of it as performance art rather than comparing it to conventional sport. Imagine a movie or play with well-choreographed fight scenes; aren't you willing to try and suspend your disbelief even though you know it's scripted?

DZ987
bjorno the hedgehog
#3 19-07-2014, 21:07:23 PM
wrestling is theatre

cheers m8
bjorno780 http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2969/freesorfzl1.gif
bjorno the hedgehog
#4 19-07-2014, 21:07:44 PM
HES FLYING OFF THE TOP ROPES

cheers m8
RowdyTuesday
#5 20-07-2014, 05:20:27 AM
  • "Grandma, I don't think we're in Vladivostok anymore."
  • Rigcoins: 27591.72
  • Send Money to RowdyTuesday
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • Speeks the truthsnooPINGASusualJudy Garland Fan+
I understand that it is theatrical and that there is a lot of talent involved. But the storylines and dialogue are too over the top and ridiculous for me to really enjoy. The WWE video games are pretty fun though. But how is it more exciting than an actual, live bloodsport like MMA?

I have never known any American in real life that has expressed an interest in WWE. It came as quite a surprise to see that so many YW users are WWE enthusiasts. Maybe it is just one of those things like Star Trek where you either get it or don't get it. I fall into the latter category. Lao people apparently get it.

bjorno the hedgehog
#6 20-07-2014, 18:21:59 PM
I understand that it is theatrical and that there is a lot of talent involved. But the storylines and dialogue are too                                  for me to really enjoy. The WWE video games are pretty fun though. But how is it more exciting than an actual, live bloodsport like MMA?

I have never known any American in real life that has expressed an interest in WWE. It came as quite a surprise to see that so many YW users are WWE enthusiasts. Maybe it is just one of those things like Star Trek where you either get it or don't get it. I fall into the latter category. Lao people apparently get it.

cheers m8