• Это вроде сосать быть Дарта Вейдера
  • Rigcoins: 30212916.90
  • Send Money to ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
    Thumb Up
  • BrazilianThe NapsterPC Master Race+
  • "I hate people"
Looks like a fine motion picture

#3 28-07-2010, 13:57:13 PM
We might as well start referring to Sean Levert as the 21st century's Sidney Poitier. My boy can *act*. From the deadpan delivery of one-liner's like "as long as they still drugs, we sell 'em." to two eye-blinks and a head-shake after told of his mother's death, Hollywood needs to put an APB on this modern-day ghetto-thespian! To the casual viewer, the story may seem to be just another "black youth with star athlete potential gets involved with drugs and gangs and screws over his and his family's future" flick, but if one digs deeper a clear parallel (hommage?) to Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew" can be drawn easily.

Also, one may wonder if the writer was quite familiar with the literary works of Thomas Pynchon, because there are two scenes (the hot-tub, open-mouth, sloppy tongue-kiss scene, and the scene in which Coolio is taunting Devon in the bar and purposefully mispronouncing his name) that are direct references to certain parts of "Gravity's Rainbow".

In short, this is a masterful commentary on the plight of poor black youths in the late 1980s. It goes without saying that, when one looks past the misprints and misspellings on the DVD case and the horrible lighting and camcorder-quality cinematography and absolutely horrible sound, much care and flawless craft went into this production.

BOOYAH!

scuzzyneighbour