#16 24-07-2013, 14:35:47 PM
  • "There ain't no stopping us now, we celebrate on the floor"
  • Rigcoins: 3877803.30
  • Send Money to ZMannZilla
    Tapatalk Trophy
  • Kind heartGreat fatherGood at minecraft+
  • "YOU LOOK STU-PID *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*"
meme[/meme]

Memes are the 21st century answer to knock-knock/lightbulb jokes. Saying you don't like memes is like saying you don't like stand up comics who open with airplane jokes.

big rigs is great and i want to suck his cock

"Yeah, letís bring back the Attitude EraÖso we can see Shawn Michaelís anus while they shill toys." -RD Reynolds
Z. Mann Zilla
#17 24-07-2013, 14:48:45 PM
What if your parents just died in a plane crash and he's telling the jokes at their funeral?

Excellent Music Records
Cirus
#18 24-07-2013, 14:54:12 PM
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 9865906.49
  • Send Money to Cirus
    OS X Mountain Lion Thumb Up
  • smug hipsterHead Cynic/Obscure MetalheadProfessional Football Manager+
Memes killed EJ's family

cirus_
ZMannZilla
#19 24-07-2013, 15:12:13 PM
    Tapatalk Trophy
What if your parents just died in a plane crash and he's telling the jokes at their funeral?
Who hires a comedian for a funeral? I mean besides awesome people.

"Yeah, letís bring back the Attitude EraÖso we can see Shawn Michaelís anus while they shill toys." -RD Reynolds
Z. Mann Zilla
#20 24-07-2013, 20:10:37 PM
If scumbag Steve is not used to ridicule a decision forum management makes it is not being used appropriately

#21 24-07-2013, 20:21:21 PM
So what IS the deal with airline food, am I right guys?!

TheGrandMystic
ZMannZilla
#22 25-07-2013, 04:07:19 AM
    Tapatalk Trophy
meme[/meme]

Memes are the 21st century answer to knock-knock/lightbulb jokes. Saying you don't like memes is like saying you don't like stand up comics who open with airplane jokes.

yeah but this is like a stand-up comic whose act is over saturated with airplane/knock knock jokes. Sure I don't mind an occasional appearance of the same dumb jokes that the rest of the internet uses
I think if the jokes were actually funny, that wouldn't be an issue. The problem with both memes and knock knock jokes is that not every individual example of them is actually funny, however I kind of like the convenient shorthand implied by putting a sideways plaid hat on someone (for example), it's a visual cue that tells you where the joke is going and it's a unique way of telling a joke that probably wouldn't be possible without the internet. So I'm not so quick to throw out the entire medium.

Z. Mann Zilla
Skrag
#25 25-07-2013, 15:36:46 PM
  • Welcome to the layer cake son.
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113532.39
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 7 Trophy
  • BIG PICTURESnot skraggaraksergey avatar+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"

Have you ever cooked something you didn't like, but you ate it anyway because YOU MADE IT ALL BY YOURSELF?

That's kind of how this is. I don't like memes, but I am very proud of my meme generator so I will use it all the time!!

meme[/meme]

I can't fault the effort or work you put into it I just wish you would do something more productive, you have brought some useful features to this site. I just think that if you want to play around and make a meme generator you should get your own site, yw's not your playground for experimentation. Memes are the scum of the internet and if a court said to me "EJ you can either have the death sentence or get a trollface tattooed on your back" I'd take the death sentence in a heartbeat.

meme[/meme]

RowdyTuesday
#26 25-07-2013, 15:38:46 PM
Memes have no place on a serious discussion forum like YW.com.

#27 25-07-2013, 16:00:29 PM
steev is my favourite admin for this reason, ej. while the old guard admins like Circus and u are too afraid to do anything to improve living conditions for working class posters, steev is always there for us. he always implements great features that provide so much joy and entertainment to all the regular guys who dont have the ability of locking threads for no goddamn reason

I really appreciate this, EJ.

When Cirus created the /bj/memes board, I just had to make us a meme generator, because otherwise people would go to external websites to make their memes, and we don't want that.
We want yourewinner.com to be your go to place for EVERYTHING, including memes, gaming news (EJ's blog), discussion about current topics like GMOs, movie reviews, food reviews, big rigs, etc!!

Besides it is not safe to leave yourewinner.com

RowdyTuesday
#28 25-07-2013, 16:15:16 PM
What about games with scoreboards? Why should I go to ann external site to play Tetris?

- Rowdy

#29 25-07-2013, 16:17:21 PM
steev is my favourite admin for this reason, ej. while the old guard admins like Circus and u are too afraid to do anything to improve living conditions for working class posters, steev is always there for us. he always implements great features that provide so much joy and entertainment to all the regular guys who dont have the ability of locking threads for no goddamn reason

I really appreciate this, EJ.

When Cirus created the /bj/memes board, I just had to make us a meme generator, because otherwise people would go to external websites to make their memes, and we don't want that.
We want yourewinner.com to be your go to place for EVERYTHING, including memes, gaming news (EJ's blog), discussion about current topics like GMOs, movie reviews, food reviews, big rigs, etc!!

Besides it is not safe to leave yourewinner.com

Steev, since it's not safe to leave yourewinner.com, please place a warning everytime a user clicks a non-yourewinner.com link alerting them that the linked site may not be safe and yourewinner.com is not responsible for any damage to your computer that may result from your visit to such site.

As always,  :roddy:

#30 25-07-2013, 16:55:25 PM
YW.com is not only safe in terms of the internet but its running and maintenance has been certified to conform to all OSHA standards

TheGrandMystic