YOUREWINNER.COM

how poo pooty is Brazil?

EagleLizard420
#1 05-11-2012, 20:28:54 PM
Pop culture would have me believe it's a poo poo hole full of tin shacks and brown people who suck at F2P multiplayer games. How true is this representation?

Posted from my Google Nexus 7

Quote from: Billy Ray Cyrus
You can fetch my daughter based god, but if you break her achy breaky heart, i'll break your achy breaky swag.
Quote from: Cirus
oh MAN I love reddit

Svetlana
#2 05-11-2012, 20:47:59 PM
  • forum's girl mascot
  • Rigcoins: 9634722.71
  • Send Money to Svetlana
    Thumb Up
  • Dust II OwnsPortugueseLotus 3 soundtrack+
  • "what do you mean it's not 1986"
In some areas of some cities, that's exactly how it is, but it doesn't represent the entire country. For the most part, the city I live in is like a slightly poorer New York and I live in a decent 8th floor apartment with a subway station a few blocks away. There are buildings everywhere though we still have single-story houses all around as well so it's not as much of a concrete jungle like other metropolises in most parts.

It's a big country though and there aren't that many cities like the one I live in. Most other state capitals still have their decent amount of tall buildings but are mostly single-story ones, and there's a lot less traffic. Still, they're considerably urbanized and it's not all a big pile of mud like what most people who talk to me think it is.

What we do have however are plenty of slums (mostly in Rio de Janeiro, which is far far away from where I live) where poor people build tiny houses packed together and try to survive somehow. Some people actually live in slums (usually the ones that are a little more "organized") because it's cheaper so they can have more spending money and live a more comfortable life. But still, slums aren't really the majority of the country. There are a lot, and crime rates around them are amazingly high, but there's more to it than that.

As for actually living in Brazil, I consider it to be a hellhole because of its current state, given how the incredibly corrupt government taxes us for just about everything without fixing a single thing in the country, making the cost of life here higher (see also: living in a poo pooty house to save money) and generally making everyone's lives miserable. I also don't like the average Brazilian, there are hardly three or four people I've met who are from this country that I could stand talking to for more than five minutes. Everybody here is stubborn and ridiculous, and they all think they're right about everything and will never let you correct them, especially if you're younger than them. And a few years later when you turn out to be proficient in English and with computers everybody comes running to you asking for favors and getting buttmad when you don't want to comply for free.

lana_chan my name is erin
EagleLizard420
#3 05-11-2012, 20:51:07 PM
Nice great reply, but still how many are brown and how Matt are bad at F2P multiplayer games?

You can fetch my daughter based god, but if you break her achy breaky heart, i'll break your achy breaky swag.
oh MAN I love reddit

Svetlana
#4 05-11-2012, 20:56:14 PM
  • forum's girl mascot
  • Send Money to Svetlana
    Thumb Up
I'd say the ratio of white people to black people is maybe about the same as to your usual north american town? Globalization made everything get mixed up anyway. Maybe there are a bit more black people here than in other places, but it's not much different.

I believe being good at a game here also comes with the mental capability of understanding English. Like maybe 10% of the population here understands English to a degree of decency, so the other 90% are the people who would be bad at games.

Dellanus Bruaawn
#5 05-11-2012, 20:59:48 PM
why in the little recent posts box, did on say "How shi)tty is Brazil" and one said "how poo pooty is brazil"

http://www.yourewinner.com/index.php?action=profile;u=761;sa=forumProfile
JAVIKS
#6 05-11-2012, 21:19:24 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 366522.57
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Thumb Up
  • TAG TEAM CHAMPDadCoors Light Fan+
  • "cats are like potato chips"
word filters duuuhhh

JAVIKS
Svetlana
#7 05-11-2012, 21:20:41 PM
  • forum's girl mascot
  • Send Money to Svetlana
    Thumb Up
welcome to yourewinner.com

EagleLizard420
#8 05-11-2012, 22:01:23 PM
I'd say the ratio of white people to black people is maybe about the same as to your usual north american town? Globalization made everything get mixed up anyway. Maybe there are a bit more black people here than in other places, but it's not much different.

uh svetlana where I live the population is 88% white

oh MAN I love reddit

Svetlana
#9 05-11-2012, 22:08:05 PM
  • forum's girl mascot
  • Send Money to Svetlana
    Thumb Up

uh svetlana where I live the population is 88% white

I don't think I can really say it even gets to 50/50 here so it's not all that different, maybe 70-80% white here.

bjorno the hedgehog
#10 05-11-2012, 22:36:49 PM
never white enough

cheers m8
bjorno780 http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2969/freesorfzl1.gif
X23
#11 06-11-2012, 00:23:46 AM
its a great movie OP

x33
Thunder
#12 06-11-2012, 06:04:09 AM
I live in a place where it's like 90% European ancestry, 7% East-Asian ancestry, and 3% African ancestry.

yourethunder
#13 06-11-2012, 06:53:37 AM
there's so many black people in my apartment complex.

there's always black kids who hang around next to the mailboxes smoking weed and when i walk by they're always like 'HEY HOMEBOY YOU SMOKE?"

Thunder
#14 06-11-2012, 08:03:36 AM
there's so many black people in my apartment complex.

there's always black kids who hang around next to the mailboxes smoking weed and when i walk by they're always like 'HEY HOMEBOY YOU SMOKE?"

I have the same problem around my appartment except they're white.

yourethunder
#15 06-11-2012, 08:50:50 AM
  • to itself
  • Rigcoins: 513.27
  • Send Money to Beer w/Straw
    Thumb Up
  • doesnt have image usernameEnlightened by his intelligenceworld class fedora tipper+
  • "Transcendental Ignorance"
Aren't the 'coloured' people more correctly incas instead of 'black?'

beerwithstraw