YOUREWINNER.COM

What are your favorite game/chiptune composers?

X23
#1 02-11-2012, 15:52:58 PM
???

x33
Svetlana
#2 02-11-2012, 16:42:32 PM

lana_chan my name is erin
Unsuky
#3 02-11-2012, 16:44:51 PM
  • "Just put those other *toy* machines in the garbage or something"
  • Rigcoins: 8538.90
  • Send Money to Unsuky
    Thumb Up
  • Untagged+
  • "Double the Mega Power"
I love dusthillguy I talk to him on Skype some times.

"Make your selection now!"
Unsuky
#4 02-11-2012, 16:46:49 PM
  • Send Money to Unsuky
    Thumb Up
  • Untagged+

Svetlana
#5 02-11-2012, 16:50:42 PM
I love dusthillguy I talk to him on Skype some times.

Dusthillguy is a seriously FACKIN awesome dude. We talk on IRC all the time and played minecraft sometimes.

X23
#6 02-11-2012, 17:02:17 PM
I'm personally a big fan of David Wise, he was rare's in house composer. He had some great songs on the DKC games. Whenever I hear modern synthy indie stuff(chillwave, the worst genre name ever') it always reminds me of DKC music. Also Megaman games always have great music. I really like that Dusthillguy song, it reminded me of Megaman x or Castlevania music

x33
Thunder
#7 02-11-2012, 17:08:35 PM
You're just a bunch of stoners who like to talk about chiptune artists because they're stoners too. Why don't you grow a pair and compose your own chiptunes? There's SynthFont for starters, plus the DS2 engine has its own chiptune format, and there's a very interesting chiptune software library called LilyPad.

yourethunder
Unsuky
#8 02-11-2012, 17:13:41 PM
- Last Edit: 02-11-2012, 17:16:44 PM
  • Send Money to Unsuky
    Thumb Up
  • Untagged+
DKC has  some of the best music  i have ever heard. rare knew there way around the super nintendos sound chip. Mega man x series has some awesome music

Svetlana
#9 02-11-2012, 17:24:02 PM
You're just a bunch of stoners who like to talk about chiptune artists because they're stoners too. Why don't you grow a pair and compose your own chiptunes? There's SynthFont for starters, plus the DS2 engine has its own chiptune format, and there's a very interesting chiptune software library called LilyPad.

Did you miss the part where I said I have two entries (original and cover) in this years Famicompo

I'm personally a big fan of David Wise, he was rare's in house composer. He had some great songs on the DKC games. Whenever I hear modern synthy indie stuff(chillwave, the worst genre name ever') it always reminds me of DKC music.
DKC has  some of the best music  i have ever heard. rare knew there way around the super nintendos sound chip.

David Wise is a very good musician and his game songs have amazing atmosphere. I didn't really put him in the list because while I think his songs are very good objectively in a way, they're not too extremely memorable to me personally like other songs are. I'm not saying he's not good, because he is, it's just that his songs don't really get me as much as others.

That being said, I am physically unable to pick a single favorite out of DKC (1, 2 and 3)'s soundtracks, they are all equally great to me.

Thunder
#10 02-11-2012, 17:51:25 PM
Did you miss the part where I said I have two entries (original and cover) in this years Famicompo

Famicompo is in Wapanese, so I have no idea what it is other than the fact that it has something to do with video games.

yourethunder
Svetlana
#11 02-11-2012, 18:14:15 PM

Famicompo is in Wapanese, so I have no idea what it is other than the fact that it has something to do with video games.

Most of the entries are from westerners and other English-speaking people. You're just a stubborn dick.

Unsuky
#12 02-11-2012, 18:16:00 PM
  • Send Money to Unsuky
    Thumb Up
  • Untagged+

Most of the entries are from westerners and other English-speaking people. You're just a stubborn dick.

X23
#13 02-11-2012, 18:22:02 PM
this is my favorite from DKC

Super mario rpg had an excellent soundtrack
ERROR: Invalid YouTube link

x33
Svetlana
#14 02-11-2012, 18:23:28 PM
Also thunder those aren't chiptunes because they're aimed at modern hardware. Chiptunes are played on classic hardware such as C64 (SID), NES (2A03/2A07), Amiga (Paula), DOS (OPL2/3) etc.

Unsuky
#15 02-11-2012, 18:27:18 PM
  • Send Money to Unsuky
    Thumb Up
  • Untagged+
Thunder just read the title of the thread, didn't read any of posts and sperged out about how people who like chip tunes are stoners lol, put ban thunders back on the shop and make them the low price of 420.