YOUREWINNER.COM

Don't lock serious topics in The Pub

RowdyTuesday
#1 20-07-2013, 01:00:29 AM
Racism in America is a serious issue which some of us were trying to discuss in 'The Pub'. Strangely, the topic was locked simply for being "stupid." Some of us are deadly serious about this issue and have been on the suffering end of racism and it is not something we can laugh off. I spend most of my time in Asia these days and I've certainly been a victim of racism. Diceman was recently mistreated because he was White. And most  blacks have to put up with racism everyday.

Cirus
#2 20-07-2013, 01:01:09 AM
Thumbs up rating, I too am outraged

cirus_
#3 20-07-2013, 01:01:18 AM
Couldn't agree more but apparently only 1 person gets to decide if a topic is serious or not despite many people having an interest in discussing it.

#4 20-07-2013, 01:02:10 AM
And thanks for acknowledging the racist treatment I received Rowdy, it really did hurt me even though I toughed it out and I think we  need a renewed debate about all of this stuff. if we cant have it in the pub maybe we can have it on filmcow

RowdyTuesday
#5 20-07-2013, 01:03:25 AM
Obama brought the issue back into the public spotlight today and the YW administration continues to shrug it off as irrelevant.

#6 20-07-2013, 01:05:34 AM
Considering how I was treated with the Indians it really opened my eyes to racism, I guess if you haven't ever experienced it you wouldn't know it. But you've been in Asia and I had to walk out of my truck, towards a group of 20 Indians (A long walk up an athletic field) where they were all just STARING ATR ME THE ENTIRE TIME I WAS APPROACHING WITH MY CRICKET BAT and I had to say "Excuse me gentlemen do you mind if a beginner joins you?" and feel the stares of hatred penetrating right through me.

But I don't want to get off topic no one would really get that unless they've had it happen to them.

We shouldn't lock serious topics.

#7 20-07-2013, 13:19:38 PM
Unlock the Zimmerman thread.

It being the nexus and because it's in the news?

beerwithstraw