YOUREWINNER.COM

The Witcher 2 Linux Beta 2 - Now with Significant Performance Gains on Nvidia

#1 30-07-2014, 13:56:09 PM
- Last Edit: 30-07-2014, 14:04:34 PM
As everyone knows the Witcher 2 Linux/Mac port by Virtual Programming has been a total disaster! and Feral/Aspyr didn't make them look any better when they released 2 fully native AAA game ports that worked well and everybody loved shortly after!  I'll be surprised if anyone hires VP again!

But luckily VP is trying to improve their port by implementing a technique similar to Wine's CSMT patchset!

Based on what I've heard, VP's wrapper still isn't on par with Wine-CSMT, but it has gone from unplayable to playable for a lot of Linux gamers!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/20920/discussions/0/34093781562019955/

#steevgamingnews - DRINK COORS, HAVE A NICE GAME

RowdyTuesday
#2 30-07-2014, 14:34:13 PM
  • "Grandma, I don't think we're in Vladivostok anymore."
  • Rigcoins: 27591.72
  • Send Money to RowdyTuesday
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • Speeks the truthsnooPINGASusualJudy Garland Fan+
just buy windows 7 bro
don't deal with these hassles

#3 30-07-2014, 15:59:59 PM
Sorry, I have Windows 7 but it is outdated now and I don't like the direction 8 is going.

I like the freedome and control that Linux gives me.

Me dealing with these hassles now helps make a better future for my children

RowdyTuesday
#4 02-08-2014, 05:38:19 AM
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
I respect that. But how can you morally spend your time trying to play a computer game when Linux still cannot properly render the Lao script? How can you sleep at night when you realize that the people of the Lao nation cannot use an open source operating system in their own language?

#5 02-08-2014, 08:38:19 AM
Can't these LAO people take a minute away from wearing wifebeaters and smoking cigarettes to add their language to linux like every other langauge did? I think you can even use linux in esperanto

RowdyTuesday
#6 13-08-2014, 02:55:40 AM
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
Because only a very small number of Lao people have obtained proficiency in English to the point where they can teach themselves programming and computer science. There are only a limited number of educational resources available for learning English in the Lao language and the people have no choice but to learn English through Thai. The United States is at least partially responsible for the backwards state of contemporary Laos and therefore I am calling on U.S. citizen @steev to dedicate his time to a worthy project that will empower the locals, promote friendship and cooperation between the United States and Lao PDR, and which will serve to make amenities to the Lao people who endured several years of bombings and occupation by the imperialist powers

Svetlana
#7 14-08-2014, 00:45:54 AM
  • forum's girl mascot
  • Rigcoins: 9634722.71
  • Send Money to Svetlana
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • Dust II OwnsPortugueseLotus 3 soundtrack+
  • "what do you mean it's not 1986"
you don't need to know english to learn how to progrsm

lana_chan my name is erin
Cirus
#8 14-08-2014, 00:54:45 AM
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 9811922.69
  • Send Money to Cirus
    OS X Mavericks Thumb Up
  • Head Cynic/Obscure Metalheadsmug hipstercool as the rockies+
I hope AMD Linux drivers get better

cirus_
#9 14-08-2014, 01:43:26 AM
i hope opengl will get better

go OpenGL NG!!!!!!!!!!

#10 14-08-2014, 01:52:36 AM
maybe i can get some Laos to join the OpenGL ARB

RowdyTuesday
#11 14-08-2014, 02:16:05 AM
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
It is more or less impossible to find a genuine Windows installation disc or license key in Laos. The only way is to buy a computer or laptop in Vientiane with a 200% VAT. I have a lot of daily hassle because everyone uses bootleg copies of Windows XP and the copy protection cripples the product to the point of being almost unusable. I just want to install a nice clean linux distro with the capability to render the Lao script. But the Linux community has failed me and the six million people living in Laos even though most of the linux community, who come from Europe and north America, have directly benefited from the exploitation of the Lao people.
Maybe if the people weren't busy rebuilding their society after having more bombs dropped on them than the entirety of bombs used in WWII, they would've been able to make it for themselves.
Maybe if Lao people to this day weren't so busy trying to search and destroy unexploded American ordinance that kills many people every year, they could've made their own script for linux.
Maybe one of the many thousands of farmers, women, and children who accidentally stepped on a landmine dropped or planted by the US military would've already invented a Lao script for linux.

@Svetlana I am obviously not knowledgeable about this subject but I assume you need a manual or to read some literature about programming. I am unaware of any books on programming that are available in the Lao language.

Svetlana
#12 14-08-2014, 09:22:09 AM
  • forum's girl mascot
  • Rigcoins: 9634722.71
  • Send Money to Svetlana
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • Dust II OwnsPortugueseLotus 3 soundtrack+
  • "what do you mean it's not 1986"
not really

look at how many chinese NES developers there are, do you think they all know english/japanese to read docs? they probably got someone else to teach them, and those people also probably got someone else to teach them and those people probably got someone else who COULD translate the docs to teach them

so maybe you just need like one person to translate the docs but to learn programming per se doesn't have a language requirement

lana_chan my name is erin