YOUREWINNER.COM

ATTN CIRUS: RAFA GATE

#1 28-02-2013, 07:40:46 AM
Rafael Benitez has said he will leave Chelsea in May and described the decision to give him the title "interim manager" as a "massive mistake".

After beating Middlesbrough 2-0 in the FA Cup fifth round, the Spaniard also criticised some of the club's fans.

He told BBC Radio 5 live: "Chelsea gave me the title of interim manager, which is a massive mistake. I'm the manager.

"The fans are not helping us. At the end of the season I will leave. They don't have to worry about me."

Benitez's defiant post-match interview came after the former Liverpool manager was once again targeted by a section of his club's supporters.

Asked a question about the importance of the FA Cup, Benitez responded with an outspoken rant in which he said:

•He would leave the club in the summer;
•The "interim" title was a "massive mistake";
•He was only given the title so the club could "wash our hands" of him if he failed;
•Supporters were "wasting their time" in protesting against him;
•Fans' actions could cost the club a top-four place;
•The only reason supporters are unhappy with him is because of his Liverpool background.

Chelsea supporters spent most of the night singing "We don't care about Rafa, he doesn't care about us, all we care about is Chelsea FC." It was hardly the worst abuse that the Spaniard has suffered during his short reign, and when he repeated his message afterwards to TV, radio and the written press it made it appear as if his intentions were pre-meditated.

#2 28-02-2013, 07:50:38 AM
- Last Edit: 28-02-2013, 08:02:29 AM
BBC Radio 5 live reporter Alastair Yeomans: "What was a difficult first half for you in the end turned out OK?"

Rafael Benitez: "Yes, it was difficult, normally in the FA Cup it's always difficult but I thought our team was doing well, it was a professional performance, a lot of players doing well. I was really pleased with Nathan Ake [who made his full debut] and really pleased with Paulo Ferreira because they showed they are good players and fantastic professionals. So for me, a great performance of the team and I am really pleased with the result."

AY: "What was your thinking about making eight changes for this game, because we saw the other week when Arsenal maybe didn't play their full team against Blackburn they lost. What was your thinking about that?"

RB: "I had a lot of confidence in the players because I can see them training every day and they were doing really well, so I was really pleased, I could see in the training sessions and was really pleased, so to play them, no problem."

AY: "And first half, the tempo, was that quick enough for you, was that good enough for you?"

RB: "I think that they were pushing so they were working hard so it was not easy but they were doing their job."

AY: "How important is this FA Cup to you now? You go to Manchester United next so there are no givens."

RB: "I think for us every game, every trophy is really important. I have been manager for 26 years, I have won the Fifa Club World Cup, the Champions League, FA Cup, a lot of trophies and I'm really a little bit disappointed with some fans, a group of fans singing and I think they are not making any favour to the team.

"They have to support the team instead of wasting time doing banners or singing songs. What they have to do is support the team and create a good atmosphere in Stamford Bridge. If we cannot achieve the target that we are looking for, to be in the Champions League... If they continue singing and talking and talking then I think they are not making any favours. They have to support the players, they have to support the team, I have experience as a manager, I will do my best until the last day.

Rafa's rants
Benitez's 'fact' statement in 2009, responding to Sir Alex Ferguson's comments about the fixture list: "I want to talk about facts. I want to be clear, I do not want to play mind games too early, although they seem to want to start."

On Marco Materazzi questioning his management style: "He's lying. Marco Materazzi is lying. He's lying, just lying. Everything that he said is a lie. Simple."

On Roy Hodgson succeeding him as Liverpool boss in November 2010: "Every single press conference is even worse than the last one. He is talking about things he doesn't know… some people cannot see a priest in a mountain of sugar."

On Everton in 2007: "When you play against the smaller teams at Anfield, you know the game will be narrow and compact. You could see one team that wanted to win."

"They gave me the title of interim manager, it's a massive mistake. I am the manager and I will manage the team until the end, every single minute.

"If they want to carry on wasting time with these things because they have an agenda, they have to take responsibility if something is wrong. It's not just 'I will blame this one, I will blame the other one', what they have to do is to support the team and then everyone has to stick together and we can achieve what we want to achieve - that is the Champions League. Simple.

"If not then next year they can carry on singing but we will be in the Europa League so they have to realise that they are not making any favour - to the rest of the fans and also to the players."

AY: "When you made the comments that they are talking about, some of them, you were fighting for Liverpool. There was a big rivalry with Liverpool and Chelsea, you'd expect you to say those things, is that what you're saying?"

RB: "I am a professional, I am doing my job and I will do my job. What I want to do is, I want to win every single game for Chelsea Football Club. But, if they don't understand this, at the end of the season, because I am interim, I will leave. They don't need to worry about me.

"What they have to do is to support the team, to support the players. And it's a group of people and they have an agenda. They have to realise that the rest of the fans, they want to see the team the next year in the Champions League. It's not 'I am right or I am wrong', you have to see the team in the Champions League and they have to support the team, that is the main thing.

"At the end of the season, I will leave. They don't need to be worrying about me."

FULL AUDIO: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21610058

#3 28-02-2013, 08:12:55 AM
I really hope they bring in DI Canio!!! How epic would that be!?

JC VON BASTARD
#4 28-02-2013, 10:35:46 AM
That's a lot of text, but then I guess this topic isn't aimed at me!!

jcthedude
JAVIKS
#5 28-02-2013, 14:54:20 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 366522.57
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Thumb Up
  • TAG TEAM CHAMPDadCoors Light Fan+
  • "cats are like potato chips"
That's a lot of text, but then I guess this topic isn't aimed at me!!
what do you think this is, "ASK JCX?"

JAVIKS
JC VON BASTARD
#6 28-02-2013, 15:11:14 PM
WHOA OK WOW YEAH UH NO I DON'T THINK THAT >:(

jcthedude
Skrag
#7 28-02-2013, 15:14:29 PM
  • Welcome to the layer cake son.
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113614.39
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Trophy
  • welcome to the layer cake sonBIG PICTURESnot skraggarak+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
Rafa is a big fetching baby, moaning about his fetching job title, complaining about fans etc.  I couldn't give a poo poo, and from the sounds of it no-one else cares either.

#8 28-02-2013, 15:20:00 PM
- Last Edit: 28-02-2013, 15:25:22 PM
Rafa is a big unicorning baby, moaning about his unicorning job title, complaining about fans etc.  I couldn't give a poo poo, and from the sounds of it no-one else cares either.

Rafa is a master tactician and has been a manager (EDIT: Manayer) for 26 years. He deserves to bitch and moan about a job title and blame everyone but himself.

#9 28-02-2013, 15:27:19 PM
BREAKING:

RAFA EXPLAINS HIMSELF:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21621117

Cirus
#10 28-02-2013, 15:43:06 PM
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 9811901.09
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Thumb Up
  • Head Cynic/Obscure Metalheadsmug hipsterProfessional Football Manager+
TWO THINGS

First, the Chelsea fans are the ones to blame here, Rafa doesn't deserve this poo poo at all and he is totally justified.

SECOND THERE IS ALREADY A TOPIC FOR FOOTBALL

cirus_