Killing Floor 2

Cirus
#1 25-04-2015, 23:11:05 PM
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 9811922.69
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 8 Thumb Up
  • Head Cynic/Obscure Metalheadsmug hipsterCS:GO Fuck Yourself+
Okay so I gave in and bought KF2 this morning.  I've just played for two hours so I feel like I can give some reasonable first impressions.

I'm just going to make a quick list of the good and bad I noticed so far, and I'll answer any questions you have.

Good: Graphics
Limbs are exploding, gore is everywhere, and after a few waves the entire map will be covered in blood.  There are so many animations and they are all incredible.  This makes the world feel so fluid and alive, something I feel the first Killing Floor suffered from.  The weapon animations are probably the most impressive part visually.  Tripwire did full mocap on the guns and recorded everything at over 200 fps.  This means they look incredibly smooth and better than any other game on the market (just like they've done with RO2 already).  Additionally, there are four reload animations depending on how full the magazine is and they separately animated first-person and third-person animations. This really makes the game feel solid and polished.

Good: Gameplay
I assume everyone here knows how Killing Floor works, so I won't write anything about it.  The guns feel as good as you would imagine from a Tripwire game.  There is no bullet spread, but instead the gun is physically moving which allows you to compensate and remain accurate.  The zeds seem a lot more intelligent than before which is impressive considering this is a beta release.  The AI gets better as you increase the difficulty, making things more interesting than if they just received a health/damage buff.  Zed time is better than ever as the game takes on a Sin City-esque feel (desaturated world, hypersaturated blood).  Zed time is also a great time to admire the gun animations!  Overall, the game feels even faster than the first one and it really makes it a great experience

Good: Character Design
There are 8 (9 with the deluxe edition) characters to choose from.  You can customize their appearance with a number of accessories and clothing options.  It's a nice touch and I assume there will be a lot of options added here in the future.  Every character has a lot of dialogue and there is idle chat at the trader, in the field, etc.  Again, this makes it feel more alive.

Good: Stability
In two hours I didn't experience a single bug.  Pretty good for a brand new Early Access title.  On a similar note, Tripwire is one of the most trustworthy devs out there so it's hard not to be excited about the future.

Improved: Server Browser
While not the best, it's such a substantial improvement from the first that it deserves to be mentioned.

Neutral: Balance
The balance between perks and weapons seems okay right now, but it could be improved still.  This will probably be helped by the addition of new perks.

Bad: UI
The UI right now is pretty rough which, to be fair, you should expect in such an early release. Some info can be hard to find (there is no weight indicator on the HUD), while other things (such as switching perks at the trader) can be cumbersome.  Again, I expect this to be taken care of in due time and it's not bad enough to ruin anything. 

Bad: Limited content
For the first release, the game shipped with 3 maps, 4 perks and about 20 guns.  I feel there is enough content to be a very good game as it is, but compared to the original it definitely feels like something is missing.

Final Impressions
Overall, you can tell I have a lot of good things to say about it with the main downside being the fact that there is not the full amount of content.  I was wary of buying an Early Access title but I could not have been more pleased.  Personally, I think this already feels better than KF1 ever did and it's only the tip of the iceberg.  I highly recommend this even in its current state and will keep posting in the following months as it gets updated.

cirus_
#2 25-04-2015, 23:26:50 PM
Are there good mods?

Cirus
#3 25-04-2015, 23:28:42 PM
  • Administrator
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 8 Thumb Up
Are there good mods?

Horse armor for $19.99.

cirus_
JAVIKS
#4 26-04-2015, 00:27:42 AM
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 366522.57
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • DadCoors Light FanTAG TEAM CHAMP+
  • "cats are like potato chips"
can't wait to be able to afford kf2

JAVIKS
#5 26-04-2015, 01:04:53 AM
Be careful the EULA says they'll take your game away if you're sexist, racist, or a cyber bully

KoЯndog
#7 26-04-2015, 18:18:36 PM
  • hi
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 4710.12
  • Send Money to KoЯndog
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • awp masterdirty sockMILF+
  • "Improved signal transfer and corrosion resistance"
idk its pretty dope

hi
bjorno the hedgehog
#8 26-04-2015, 18:47:05 PM
killing BORE

cheers m8
bjorno780 http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2969/freesorfzl1.gif
#9 26-04-2015, 19:53:19 PM
Killing Boars

That sounds almost as fun as killing the Ebola cows in Postal II: Paradise Lost

Cirus
#10 28-04-2015, 23:23:07 PM
  • Administrator
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Tapatalk Thumb Up
Is anyone else going to get this?

cirus_
Dissident
#11 28-04-2015, 23:24:59 PM
  • the ultimate, the muffin man
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 99832923.19
  • Send Money to Dissident
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • weeaboosexual orientation uncleardissident b shirt+
  • "smash the patriarchy"
nah

Dissident International Anti-Furry Organization
#12 29-04-2015, 01:29:24 AM
cirus i need you to kick me off the seedbox

i'm so sorry m8

JAVIKS
#13 29-04-2015, 14:42:14 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
i will once i start my job in a couple weeks

JAVIKS
JAVIKS
#14 08-05-2015, 03:22:35 AM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
i'm a cool guy now

JAVIKS
Cirus
#15 27-11-2015, 11:27:17 AM
  • Administrator
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
BAD: MICROTRANSACTIONS

The game isn't even released yet but they just announced microtransactions

http://killingfloor2.com/Zedconomy/
https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/3tzeaq/the_trading_floor_zedconomy/

cirus_