YOUREWINNER.COM

Meep's Diary: First time watching Neon Genesis Evangelion

Classic Meepington
#16 11-09-2020, 09:05:47 AM
Episodes 19 - 20

Ep 19.

Shinji "I Will never pilot an EVA again" Cuckman. 15 minutes later when the evil angles attack and wreck his useless friends: "I must pilot a EVA again lmao".

What an arc. What a show.

Also what is the point of the plug suits if our boy shinji just gets in the Evanescence and does a great job piloting it in just his normal street clothes???

Ok this episode ends with the robot turning into a werewolf. Whatevs.

Episode 20:

(\_/) Hi! I'm Bunny ^.^
(^.^) Copy and paste us to your siggy so we can
(")(") achieve WORLD DOMINATION!
Dissident YOU'RE WINNER!
Classic Meepington
#17 12-09-2020, 21:09:08 PM
Episodes 21 - 22

So I'm pretty sure all the episodes from this point on are a hot 30 minutes all in, instead of the usual 24 minute approximate runtime. Guess everything's gonna be more CINEMATIC from hereon out.

Episope 21. YO HERE"S A BUNCH OF BACKSTORY AND THIRTY NEW SUPER IMPORTANT CHARACTERS AND ITS JUMPING BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN 4 DISTINCT YET CLOSE TIME PERIODS. EVERY BIT OF BACKSTORY THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING IS ALL CRAMMED IN HERE.

Episode 22: Oh it's another angle battle but this time there's
And it reveals that Asuka was like neglected or something. Okay, this is actually the kind of thing I was hoping for when I set out with this series. Big emotional problems foreshadowed with big, logical payoffs in the end. Does she deal with her inner demons to defeat the outer demon of the angel? Naw, her not-friend Rei just throws another asspull weapon, the Spear of Long 'Ginas or some such guff. Even my measured hopes were dashed in this moment. Set up all the emotional character arc stuff and just solve it with tech gibberish but not only that but tech gibberish that isn't even hypercool enough to sell as a 1/144 scale plastic pop-out weapon for your favourite Neon Genocide Evangelist gundam mech.

I actually stand corrected on that recent statement that the Spear of Longinus wasn't cool enough to make into a toy. What red-blooded young Japanese (or American weeaboo!) teen could resist the radical styling of this super neat french fry fork. While I don't care about doing this series dirty in other ways I honestly don't feel like I'm even going too far out on a limb here to suggest that this weapon's design is just too goofily identical to the disposable cutlery.

(\_/) Hi! I'm Bunny ^.^
Dissident YOU'RE WINNER!
Classic Meepington
#18 17-09-2020, 10:14:29 AM
- Last Edit: 21-09-2020, 14:10:10 PM
Episodes 23 -  24

Episode 23 may be the most Evangelioney episode yet. There's pretty good animation, giant robot fights, nonsensical plot exposition, big reveals that mean nothing and enough faux-deepness to encapsulate a generation of people who don't consider themselves weeaboos but insist that "you have to check out this anime, I don't normally watch it but THIS one is the one."

In short screw this episode. Rei is a robot but also the robots are human. Woah. So crazy, the character that acted like an emotionless robot WAS a robot and the robots that cry out in pain and bleed are human? Amazing. Does Dancing With The Stars have more humanity and soul in it? Probably, but no dickhead craft beer pissing married 30 year olds have recommended that show to me.

Three more dives into the dumpster I just hope nobody sets it on fire while I'm in there.

Confession: I've skipped the intro several times in order to speed up the process of getting through this farce.

Episode 24: Shinji gay.

Oh I forget they introduced these 2001-ass monolith characters that just talk to each other and it sucks. It's a great way to have another nonsense exposition dump while not animating anything at all so kudos to whoever wrote that costcutter into the script.

JAPANESE STORYTELLING CLICHE TIME: Just keep talking about hope. Don't make it make any sense just keep dropping that word everywhere and now you've got a plot of Biblical relevance. For examples of this see every JRPG ever made.

Guess I should also mentioned they crammed a new character into this ep. The 5th kid who is like God or something idk. He wants to bone Shinji.

At this point I think some would think I'm just dumping all over the show to upset fans or I'm some sort of Michael Bay humping ADHD simpleton (not that Mr. Bay is meritless) but really take a second to appreciate how stupid this show is. Here's a direct quote from a climactic battle in this episode while Ode to Joy blasts in the background.

"It's an A.T. field of equal magnitude to the one that constructed the containment field near the terminal dogma!!"

WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS MEAN. This is supposed to be ultra deep and I know they defined half of these terms but even knowing what they are it is still meaningless techno-spiritual babble. Bad episode of a bad show. Nothing to see here.

And just when I thought it was bad enough the ending has another long freeze frame set to music that is way more deserving than being stuck here, which is what I can now recognize as a hallmark of this animation, that it is barely animated.

(\_/) Hi! I'm Bunny ^.^
Dissident YOU'RE WINNER!
Classic Meepington
#19 18-09-2020, 09:57:56 AM
Episodes 25 -  26

Episode 25 is pseudo-intellectual nonsense completely detached from the previous 24 episodes. What does any of this have to do with anything? I don't care and I listened to this one mostly rather than watching it mostly on account of I've seen flipbooks with better animation and read anti-gay, anti-racemixing Bible tracts with more pertinent spiritual questions than this.

Last episode. More existential BS. Interesting there's a brief reprieve where the show transitions as a 'what if' to if NGE was actually a generic romantic-comedy anime. I would much rather have watched this show. I get the feeling the GENUISES over Gainax wanted me to be ashamed of preferring this format though. Eff em. Eff them and their bad show.

Verdict: NOT GOOD

P.S. I now finally understand this video so I guess it wasn't a total waste of time. Still a bad show.

(\_/) Hi! I'm Bunny ^.^
Dissident YOU'RE WINNER!
bjorno the hedgehog
#20 19-09-2020, 17:57:41 PM
do you jack off to the anime titties

cheers m8
bjorno780 http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2969/freesorfzl1.gif
Classic Meepington
#21 20-09-2020, 11:16:22 AM
do you jack off to the anime titties

No, they didn't draw the nipples on. As a Westerner I am okay with seeing 90% nude women as well as gun violence all day in my media but as soon as a pixel of areola is shown I must go to church and confess while wearing my full body chastity cage.

(\_/) Hi! I'm Bunny ^.^
Dissident YOU'RE WINNER!
bjorno the hedgehog
#22 21-09-2020, 23:16:59 PM
cmon dude just give into the temptation

cheers m8
bjorno780 http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2969/freesorfzl1.gif
Classic Meepington
#23 22-09-2020, 18:27:34 PM
cmon dude just give into the temptation