OFFICIAL FOOTBALL TOPIC VII -- howdy partners

Cirus
#106 05-06-2016, 18:53:34 PM
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 9811901.09
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 10 Thumb Up
  • Head Cynic/Obscure Metalheadsmug hipstercool as the rockies+
Apparently Vardy is interested in joining Arsenal; he's been in talks with them.  This 20 million clause in his contract was something Vardy himself wanted, when his contract extension for Leicester was negotiated back in February.  Both Arsenal and Vardy have to act fast though, as Roy Hodgson doesn't want any England players messing around with medical check-ups for joining a new team before Euro 2016 starts.

Currently, Arsenal have finished talking to Vardy, and he's now considering the offer.  Expect to hear the result within the next 1-2 days.  Leicester have brought a counter-offer together giving Vardy more money every week (he's already on £60,000/week, Arsenal have reportedly offered £100,000/week, but I don't know what Leicester have offered).

I really hope he doesn't leave, but if he does, expect a lot of resentment from both Leicester and Arsenal fans (I hate to say it, but Arsenal already have several fairly decent strikers, and they'll miss out on games with Vardy in their team; also a fair few Arsenal supporters hate him from what i've heard).  Of course, it'll be poo poo for Leicester, and they'll have to find another excellent striker before the next season starts.

Damn it Vardy, stay with Leicester!  We won the bloody Premier League for fetch's sake, and Arsenal are poo poo!  Don't sell-out!

Here's the way I see it.

Vardy leaving: He's 29 and has spent most of his career playing non-league football.  This is likely his only chance at playing for one of the big clubs and getting a huge raise to do so.  I have to think that money is the biggest motivator for him right now.  Additionally, Arsenal looks better for a Champions League run.

Vardy staying: If Leicester offers the same wages, why not? You won the league and you're a hero.

Arsenal buying: £22M is a small sum these days for a striker who led the league in goals.  Arsenal's forwards are inconsistent at best and Vardy would immediately be an upgrade for them. 

Leicester selling: Vardy is 29 and like it or not he probably doesn't have too many good seasons left in him.  There's also the possibility he goes back to a 5 goal scorer like last season.  This would be a pretty decent fee all things considered.

Looks like he'll be making his decision in the morning: https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/739538134770274305

cirus_
Skrag
#107 06-06-2016, 13:41:09 PM
  • Welcome to the layer cake son.
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113614.39
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • sergey avatarwelcome to the layer cake sonBIG PICTURES+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
Well, he boarded the plane to France 11:30am GMT this morning without committing to Arsenal, so perhaps this means he's accepted Leicester's alternative offer, as there surely won't be any time to complete a medical check now before Euro 2016 starts this Friday.

Cirus
#108 06-06-2016, 19:26:08 PM
  • Administrator
  • Send Money to Cirus
    yourewinner.com app Thumb Up
He's signing for sunderland, haway the lads

cirus_
ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
#109 06-06-2016, 21:20:21 PM
  • Это вроде сосать быть Дарта Вейдера
  • Rigcoins: 30212916.90
  • Send Money to ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • BrazilianThe NapsterPC Master Race+
  • "I hate people"

Haven't watched the whole thing yet but so far it's fetching gold

Cirus
#110 06-06-2016, 22:39:46 PM
  • Administrator
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 10 Thumb Up

Haven't watched the whole thing yet but so far it's fetching gold

Sorry ZIGS I had to merge these topics.  However, I do love videos like this!

Here are a couple from the Icelandic league:

Skills
Aggression (ft. Limp Bizkit)

The A-League video is incredible (Y)

cirus_
Cirus
#111 07-06-2016, 12:21:46 PM
  • Administrator
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
Well, he boarded the plane to France 11:30am GMT this morning without committing to Arsenal, so perhaps this means he's accepted Leicester's alternative offer, as there surely won't be any time to complete a medical check now before Euro 2016 starts this Friday.

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/740187784279904256

cirus_
ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
#112 09-06-2016, 12:56:54 PM
  • Это вроде сосать быть Дарта Вейдера
  • Rigcoins: 30212916.90
  • Send Money to ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • BrazilianThe NapsterPC Master Race+
  • "I hate people"
Heh