ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
#31 18-07-2009, 18:40:45 PM
  • Это вроде сосать быть Дарта Вейдера
  • Rigcoins: 30212916.90
  • Send Money to ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
    Thumb Up
  • BrazilianThe NapsterPC Master Race+
  • "I hate people"
It seems there might be more to the model placement than just co-ordinates. I was just messing around with the Forgotten Road heightmaps changing the part where the little town is to white (highest point of the map) and black (lowest point of the map) and both times parts of the town would move up or down to stay on the surface and the black flooring would stretch up or down, so it seems maybe there's a part of the game engine that forces all models to be placed on the ground, not above or below it.

If that is the case, then maybe the reason some of the models in your map viewer are levitating above the ground is because it doesn't have this function. It would make sense for them to save effort by putting trees wherever as the game would put them in the right place anyway.

You're right. I just forgot to mention that the Y value is always around 0 in the sco model files. Big rigs places the models at the correct height when it loads the terrain. The X and Z coordinates never change though. The trees in my map viewer just don't place correctly because of a bug in my code, not because of Big Rigs.

That's fairly obvious, Big Rigs was coded by the greatest genius ever, it's code is flawless

#32 18-07-2009, 20:44:43 PM
it's code is flawless

Unlike your spelling.

OH SNAP

O-ZONE
#33 18-07-2009, 20:47:28 PM
that's not a spelling error that's a grammar error!!! its code is flawless!!!

#34 19-07-2009, 23:49:37 PM
Just wanted to give everyone an update. I've now implemented Big Rigs that go up any incline, never obey the law of gravity, infinite backwards acceleration, and other super-realistic vehicle physics. The next release will also feature an ingame menu system for choosing tracks and your rig. Should have it out to in the next couple days.   :bluerig: :bluerig: :bluerig: :bluerig:

Dissident
#35 20-07-2009, 00:06:42 AM
  • the ultimate, the muffin man
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 99832923.19
  • Send Money to Dissident
    Thumb Up
  • dissident b shirtweeaboosexual orientation unclear+
  • "smash the patriarchy"
our little baby is growing up so fast

Dissident International Anti-Furry Organization
bjorno the hedgehog
#36 20-07-2009, 00:11:01 AM
whoa awesome

cheers m8
bjorno780 http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2969/freesorfzl1.gif
#37 20-07-2009, 00:43:48 AM
Just wanted to give everyone an update. I've now implemented Big Rigs that go up any incline, never obey the law of gravity, infinite backwards acceleration, and other super-realistic vehicle physics. The next release will also feature an ingame menu system for choosing tracks and your rig. Should have it out to in the next couple days.   :bluerig: :bluerig: :bluerig: :bluerig:

<3

omegamarth
#38 20-07-2009, 15:32:26 PM
OH MY  :stamp: GOSH>:)!!!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/MikeBalrogsPunchOut
#39 23-07-2009, 12:14:08 PM
Alright I have one question before I release the next update: Do you guys want Thunder and Thunderbull to have their trailers or no?

Skrag
#40 23-07-2009, 16:56:39 PM
  • Welcome to the layer cake son.
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113614.39
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Trophy
  • sergey avatarwelcome to the layer cake sonBIG PICTURES+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
Hell yeah, I definitely want to see their long sexy trailers.

bjorno the hedgehog
#41 23-07-2009, 20:49:02 PM
I want an in-game option to choose between having and not having the trailers on each of the rigs.

cheers m8
bjorno780 http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2969/freesorfzl1.gif
#42 24-07-2009, 15:14:35 PM
Just updated the original post with the new version. I didn't put the trailers on Thunder and Thunderbull because of some problems I'm having. Next release will have the option though like Bjorno requested and will have the bugs fixed. It will be the final release I think.

New Features:
- Added menus to select a rig and track
- You can now drive a rig just like in Big Rigs. The vehicle physics should be just as WINNER.
- Added a camera freelook mode, press F key
- You can drive off the map now without crashing. Tried to make it like the gray void in Big Rigs somewhat.

#43 24-07-2009, 15:51:45 PM
This is very :stamp: and it is the second best thing I have played, beaten only by the real brotrr. Finally there is a new piece of software that implements Rig Physics instead of the inferior real life physics.

One question, do the rigs have a reverse speed limit? I was able to reverse at a good speed but after a while it didn't seem to be getting any faster.
Also the rigs' turning circle seems to be too large, the rigs in brotrr were capable of performing very sharp turns (thus enabling them to do the infinity reverse spin). But only a small issue that does not detract from the WINNERNESS of your work.

Glad you got it working. The thing I was going to suggest is make sure you unzip cars.res again if you've done any modding because the mapviewer expects files to be a certain way and crashes when they aren't.

The rigs do not have a reverse speed limit, its just I think in big rigs the reverse acceleration is much faster than the forward, something I'll try and tweak. Make sure you check out the void I think you'll find the one I made pretty WINNER!

#44 24-07-2009, 15:54:02 PM
Hey does anyone have any interest in the source code? I kind of get the feeling they're aren't many coders here which is why I haven't uploaded it, but if anyone here knows python and Ogre3d then you might be interested in taking a look or modifying things.

#45 24-07-2009, 16:05:37 PM
That's strange because it looks fine to me. Post a screenshot of what you're seeing.