YOUREWINNER.COM

Holding doors for people

#1 03-07-2013, 09:07:09 AM
How far away does someone have to be from you (total stranger) before you do not hold the door for them?

Last night I was at the gas station and a man was very rude to me for not holding the door open for him. However, I am not gay, and he was like halfway across the road by the pumps. Am I supposed to stand there and wait 5 seconds at a 1 one thousand count with the door held open for this man? As I said I am not gay

So I go in, he grabs the door as its closing and says "THANKS FOR HOLDING THE DOOR" in a sarcastic, out of breath voice like i'd just inconvenienced him. I am a very violent man and it upset me but I decided to just let it go

do you guys hold doors open for MEN who are like 5 seconds behind you in the parking lot? I mean if he is right there its common courtesy but i'm not some non-heterosexual persongot door concierge

Please tell me if im wrong!

Cirus
#2 03-07-2013, 12:28:23 PM
5 steps

cirus_
#3 03-07-2013, 13:10:41 PM
Diceman, I think you are right in this situation.

How long to hold open a door -- if at all -- has always been one of those things on my mind alongside with whether to pick up the pace or walk out to the side when someone is clearly walking faster behind me.  Probably the biggest one, though, is whether to acknowledge (maybe with a tip of the head) people I casually know when they are walking in my direction. 

Thanks, Obama.

#5 03-07-2013, 16:16:13 PM
Idk in situations like this I think WWJD (What would Joe (Rogan) Do)

He would have choked the guy out like this

Strong, INDEPENDENT women will actually  get mad if you hold the door open for them.
"I can open doors by myself you fetchING PIG!!!"

I support that, but other women will get mad if you DON'T hold the door open!!!
"omg so rude!!!"

HOW THE fetch AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT YOU WANT!!!!???

So now when somebody is behind me when I'm opening a door I just choke them out

#6 04-07-2013, 08:08:48 AM

h

JAVIKS
#7 04-07-2013, 12:04:37 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 366522.57
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Thumb Up
  • Coors Light FanTAG TEAM CHAMPDad+
  • "cats are like potato chips"
you hold the door for as long as it takes and stare them directly in the eye the whole time and then grunt menacingly at them when they walk by

JAVIKS
#8 06-07-2013, 08:25:44 AM
Thanks for the support my new policy is holding doors only for skinny women.. No holding the door for fat women or any man.

Cat Brush
#9 06-07-2013, 12:33:30 PM
glad I could help

bladehq
#10 06-07-2013, 12:47:25 PM
- Last Edit: 06-07-2013, 12:50:28 PM
I held the door open for some old lady at the post office

Then I told her to frick off cause she didn't tip me :twisted:
Her husband wanted to fight me. I was like, "you don't wanna do this, OLD MAN, I drink COORS LIGHT! I ain't gonna feel your punches, but you're definitely gonna feel my Joe Rogan kick."

#11 06-07-2013, 14:00:27 PM
OH poo poo LOOK OUT EVERYON! STEEV'S GONE APE poo poo!!!!@