YOUREWINNER.COM

OFFICIAL FOOTBALL TOPIC VII -- howdy partners

JC VON BASTARD
#16 28-05-2015, 00:00:00 AM
One of my favorite things about having south american friends was how complaints about fifa corruption were always common, but they because INESCAPABLE as soon as one's country was knocked out

jcthedude
Skrag
#17 28-05-2015, 14:30:29 PM
  • Welcome to the layer cake son.
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113614.39
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 7 Trophy
  • sergey avatarwelcome to the layer cake sonBIG PICTURES+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
That cunt Sepp Blatter is still hanging on though, I really wish he'd piss off.  Everyone is saying he'll be re-elected as FIFA president again this Friday.  It'd be a huge positive change for football if he walked away.  He's been in charge for 17 years, SEVENTEEN, and his defence against this scandal is that he cannot "monitor everyone all the time", it's pathetic, he should take full responsibility like a real man and resign.  Of course he knew what was happening, you don't be in charge for that long and not know that 14 people on the executive board are taking back-handers, unless you're stupidly incompetent.  He must be lining his pockets with dirty money himself, the fat greedy corrupt bastard.

Cirus
#18 28-05-2015, 15:58:40 PM
Jack Warner has already said that he is going to snitch on Blatter and has said in the past that if he goes down, he is taking everyone with him. The DOJ has this all set up so that somebody would rat on Blatter as part of a plea deal I'm sure. The election is just a farce at this point.

cirus_
Skrag
#19 28-05-2015, 16:17:32 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 7 Trophy
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
Heh, seeing Sepp Blatter in jail would be so sweet.

Skrag
#20 02-06-2015, 15:40:52 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 7 Trophy
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
Haha!  Blatter is stepping down!  fetch you!

Cirus
#21 02-06-2015, 19:56:31 PM
The bad thing is that it gives him months to basically choose his successor. I have a feeling it will be Platini which will be no better

cirus_
JAVIKS
#22 02-06-2015, 21:44:52 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 366522.57
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • Coors Light FanTAG TEAM CHAMPDad+
  • "cats are like potato chips"
soccer may as well just go away forever now

JAVIKS
Svetlana
#23 02-06-2015, 23:09:20 PM
yeah

lana_chan my name is erin
Skrag
#24 10-06-2015, 13:48:31 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 7 Trophy
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
I have a serious question: women's football.  Now, i'm not being sexist or anything, but is it worth watching?  Popularity for the sport has been rising recently (or at least media coverage has increased) with the women's world cup now on, but it has been said in the past to be "not as good as men's football".  Is that still true?  I guess I should just watch a match, perhaps England's next one, or would I be wasting my time still?

#25 10-06-2015, 13:57:03 PM
for women's sports I recommend NXT because the divas are way more talented and athletic than soccer players

Cirus
#26 10-06-2015, 15:29:49 PM
I have a serious question: women's football.  Now, i'm not being sexist or anything, but is it worth watching?  Popularity for the sport has been rising recently (or at least media coverage has increased) with the women's world cup now on, but it has been said in the past to be "not as good as men's football".  Is that still true?  I guess I should just watch a match, perhaps England's next one, or would I be wasting my time still?

They are technically skilled , but the athleticism is a fraction of what it is in the mens game. That means that women play a much slower game and different game. For context, the US women's national team played a scrimmage against the US U17 men and were thrashed by five or six goals.

So basically don't watch it if you are expecting it to be as good as the top professional and international competitions. I'd say it's more like watching a U21 match which most people don't like to watch, either.

cirus_
Cirus
#27 30-06-2015, 15:11:17 PM
Nigel Pearson sacked, holy poo poo

Skrag, thoughts?

cirus_
JAVIKS
#28 30-06-2015, 17:16:17 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 366522.57
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • Coors Light FanTAG TEAM CHAMPDad+
  • "cats are like potato chips"
you're fired!

JAVIKS
Skrag
#29 30-06-2015, 17:22:18 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 7 Trophy
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
Holy fetch, this is the first time i've heard of this.

"...working relationship between him and the club's board was no longer viable"

An internal squabble then.  So he literally saves Leicester at the end of the last season, then they sack him.  I know Nigel did some stupid things last season, but this may be a terrible decision, Leicester's chances of doing well in the Premiership or even just staying afloat have taken a nose-dive.  I wonder who'll replace him.

Cirus
#30 30-06-2015, 20:34:39 PM
I hear Carlo Ancelotti is looking for a job

cirus_