#63 10-04-2016, 11:09:06 AM
  • Welcome to the layer cake son.
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113614.39
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • welcome to the layer cake sonBIG PICTURESnot skraggarak+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
With Leicester beating Sunderland 2-0 today (sorry Cirus), Leicester have now all but won the Premier League, for the first time ever.  Guarranteed Champions League spot as well.  It's a great time to be a Leicester supporter.

I should be fetching cheering, but here's the thing; end of last season, some bookies had odds of Leicester winning the league next season at 5000-1.  And someone I know put a tenner on them doing just that.  Now, this guy is a business owner with probably £250,000 in the bank already, and now he stands to win another bloody 50 grand.  Thing is, he's not even a Leicester supporter.  So fetching gutted and jealous right now!  If I didn't KNOW him, I would be OK with it.  Urgh.

Cirus
#64 10-04-2016, 12:57:38 PM
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 9811901.09
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 10 Thumb Up
  • Head Cynic/Obscure Metalheadsmug hipsterProfessional Football Manager+
Sucks Skrag, but at the start of the season that would have been a tenner you were almost guaranteed to lose.  Hindsight is 20/20.

Sunderland is fetching poo pooe, I can't believe how many matches have been pissed away now.  Borini has a clear shot and he hits himself in the face, Rodwell has half the fetching goal to put it in and he blazes it over.  Late equalizers conceded against Southampton and Newcastle, dominating West Brom and failing to score yet again.  A game in hand compared to Norwich still, but if we don't beat Norwich at Carrow Road next weekend there's hardly a hope.

Congratulations for Leicester though, what a dream season.  Wonder if they can stay top half with European football next year.

cirus_
Skrag
#65 12-04-2016, 13:46:34 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
Yeah, the extra matches teams in the Champions League play can wear out players.  Along with the FA cup, it's no wonder some managers purposefully field a B-team in order to rest their best players.

That shot Borini took was hilarious!  Sunderland looked good though in the first half of that game, they might still make it out of relegation, just need a few more points to beat Norwich.

So Cirus, living in the USA, why support a team like Sunderland anyway?

Cirus
#66 12-04-2016, 19:25:11 PM
  • Administrator
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 10 Thumb Up
Borini miss: https://streamable.com/ufj2

Even worse, Rodwell miss: https://streamable.com/li0o

I watched Premier League football every Saturday but didn't have a club to follow.  I had a soft spot for Sunderland after witnessing the infamous Darren Bent beachball goal and then a few weeks later they had a heroic 1-0 performance against Arsenal.  After that I decided to just stick with Sunderland and I have been suffering ever since.  I follow a number of other teams but that's basically only because of Football Manager.  I would love to experience some non-league football someday.

cirus_
Cirus
#67 01-05-2016, 11:34:10 AM
  • Administrator
  • Send Money to Cirus
    yourewinner.com app Thumb Up
Skrag, what's the mood in Leicester?

cirus_
Skrag
#68 02-05-2016, 05:48:40 AM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
Literally everyone coming out to support the team, lighting up building landmarks in blue, LCFC merchandise in most shop displays, blue and white flags criss-crossing streets.  Pretty amazing.

Leicester have all but won the title now.  Spurs will need to win their next three matches just to stay in contention.  They play Chelsea at 8pm GMT tonight; if Tottenham lose or draw, Leicester have WON THE PREMIER LEAGUE!

It's simply amazing how Leicester's fortunes changed within a single season.  They don't play like the other multi-million pound Premier League teams; Leicester have real team spirit, the players actually like each other and they play with a passion that no other team has been able to match.  There's a "we've got nothing to lose" mentality that Leicester players take with them to each game.  Sadly this might change as Leicester will start coming under pressure from shareholders, company directors and the like to stay in the top-four next season, but for now, Leicester are on a high.  I just hope they can manage to pursuade the likes of Riyad Mahrez and N'Golo Kante to stay, because many of the "bigger" teams, including Barcelona, are supposedly trying to poach Leicester's best players with stupid amounts of money.  Already a couple of Leicester's best talent scouts, the people who discovered Vardy and Mahrez, have been persuaded to go to Arsenal and elsewhere for bigger pay packets.  Leicester have got to use a lot of this new money now coming in to hold together the team.

Champions League football next season!

Cirus
#69 02-05-2016, 15:11:51 PM
  • Administrator
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 10 Thumb Up
Top four next season seems wildly unrealistic, I think top half is probably more realistic but that depends on how the money is invested.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Kante gone but I feel like Mahrez and most of the squad will remain.  Watching the match now!

cirus_
Cirus
#70 02-05-2016, 15:52:25 PM
  • Administrator
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 10 Thumb Up
Terrible from Chelsea, shouldn't have expected much else.  Really chippy match so far.  To be honest I'd like to see Leicester seal the title at home against Everton.

cirus_
Cirus
#71 02-05-2016, 16:56:11 PM
  • Administrator
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 10 Thumb Up
What a second half, fetching hell

cirus_
Cirus
#72 03-05-2016, 14:23:01 PM
  • Administrator
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 10 Thumb Up

cirus_
Skrag
#73 04-05-2016, 13:56:54 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
Heh, I wasn't actually in Leicester that day, but I know it was crazy.  As well as that guy who climbed on to the roof of the double-decker bus, 2 others tried climbing the clock tower apparently - it's not high, but it's old and has spiked railings around it, so would've been nasty if they fell lol.

Yeah, bit of a shame that Leicester won the league because of a silly 2-2 draw between Chelsea and Tottenham, but it's still fetching amazing that Leicester won.  It's possibly the greatest surprise result in sport world-wide, ever.  It wasn't just a fluke result either - Leicester worked hard for it during the whole season.  fetch YEAH!  YEAH!  CHAMPIONS LEAGUE NEXT SEASON!  FOXES GONNA fetchING DESTROY EUROPE!

Cirus
#74 07-05-2016, 12:03:11 PM
  • Administrator
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
SUNDERLAND 3 - 2 CHELSEA

fetchING GET IN

cirus_
Skrag
#75 08-05-2016, 05:23:45 AM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
One point above relegation and with a game in hand over Newcastle... Sunderland can do it!