YOUREWINNER.COM

Poll

Has Roman Reigns earned your respect as WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

Yes, I doubted Reigns in the beginning, but I've come around to respect him as WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
9 (33.3%)
Yes, The Big Dog has always had my backing since he first won the title.
9 (33.3%)
No, Reigns may be "The Guy," but he still has a long way to go to earn my respect.
9 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Important poll

#1 31-05-2016, 15:32:37 PM
ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
#2 31-05-2016, 15:37:42 PM
  • Это вроде сосать быть Дарта Вейдера
  • Rigcoins: 30212916.90
  • Send Money to ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • BrazilianThe NapsterPC Master Race+
  • "I hate people"
fetching amateurs, can't even vote for all

Cirus
#3 31-05-2016, 21:20:08 PM
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 9811922.69
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 10 Thumb Up
  • Head Cynic/Obscure Metalheadsmug hipstercool as the rockies+
Nobody ever said wrestlers were intelligent

cirus_
#4 31-05-2016, 21:32:15 PM
Added forum poll

Skrag
#5 01-06-2016, 17:46:03 PM
  • Welcome to the layer cake son.
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113614.39
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • sergey avatarwelcome to the layer cake sonBIG PICTURES+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
I know very little about WWE, so voted for all  :salute:   :roddy:

ZMannZilla
#6 02-06-2016, 13:42:35 PM
  • "There ain't no stopping us now, we celebrate on the floor"
  • Rigcoins: 3877803.30
  • Send Money to ZMannZilla
    Windows 8 Trophy
  • Kind heartGreat fatherBob Cobra was here+
  • "YOU LOOK STU-PID *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*"
Honestly, I was fine with Reigns in general until someone pointed out what a lousy friend he was in 2015-16. Think of how many times other people came to his rescue during beatdowns. Now try and remember how many times Reigns did the same for those people. You're having a hard time remembering the latter because it virtually never happened. I can't decide if this was lazy writing from Creative or they were really just brilliantly setting up Reigns as a complex character, like maybe they wanted him to come off as a subtle sociopath who only seems good as long as you don't focus too much on how he only thinks about himself.

I want to say that seems too high brow for pro wrestling, but recently Xavier Woods revealed that many insiders are shifting towards the attitude that their craft is a modern "Shakespeare In The Round" (kind of makes the term "squared circle" make more sense, eh?). Plus a lot of the New Era plots have a complexity that you wouldn't expect from the old-school stereotype of "rasslin". So if I'm being charitable and assuming Reigns' character art was deliberately written as a self-centered knight who imagines himself a paladin, then I have to say well done.

Seth Rollins on the other hand has completely lost me. The rank-and-file marks might have bought the whole "wordless promo = genius" schtick last Monday, I personally saw it as three times as long as it needed to be and made it look like he forgot how to be a proper chickenpoo poo.

big rigs is great and i want to suck his cock

"Yeah, let’s bring back the Attitude Era…so we can see Shawn Michael’s anus while they shill toys." -RD Reynolds
Z. Mann Zilla
Skrag
#7 02-06-2016, 14:42:41 PM
  • Welcome to the layer cake son.
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113614.39
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • sergey avatarwelcome to the layer cake sonBIG PICTURES+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
I never realised how complex WWE could be.

DZ
#8 03-06-2016, 11:28:47 AM
  • grrrraaaaaaagggh
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 144.00
  • Send Money to DZ
    Windows 10 Thumb Up
  • Active memberszaps dicksNot Active Enough+
  • "i am a trailer park hooker"
Seth Rollins on the other hand has completely lost me. The rank-and-file marks might have bought the whole "wordless promo = genius" schtick last Monday, I personally saw it as three times as long as it needed to be and made it look like he forgot how to be a proper chickenpoo poo.
He really should have returned as a face. The crowd went apepoo poo for him as soon as he showed up at Extreme Rules (as well as the following Raw until he started acting heelish again) and they should have just rolled with that - especially now that Reigns is supposed to be heel (although commentary apparently didn't get the memo).

DZ987
ZMannZilla
#9 03-06-2016, 18:11:17 PM
  • "There ain't no stopping us now, we celebrate on the floor"
  • Rigcoins: 3877803.30
  • Send Money to ZMannZilla
    Windows 8 Trophy
  • Kind heartGreat fatherBob Cobra was here+
  • "YOU LOOK STU-PID *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*"
He really should have returned as a face. The crowd went apepoo poo for him as soon as he showed up at Extreme Rules (as well as the following Raw until he started acting heelish again) and they should have just rolled with that - especially now that Reigns is supposed to be heel (although commentary apparently didn't get the memo).
Ideally, yeah, Rollins should have returned as a face. But between his screechy nasal voice and his memorable success as arguably the finest chickenpoo poo heel of the 21st century, there was no way he was going to be able to maintain that persona successfully.

IMHO the writers have zero clue whatsoever what to do with this situation, they just HAVE to do something on account of the history involved. If these guys weren't basically part of every major storyline over the past 3+ years, they'd probably be farting around with The Miz or Breezedango or whatever until Creative could figure out how to use their particular brand of heat.

big rigs is great and i want to suck his cock

"Yeah, let’s bring back the Attitude Era…so we can see Shawn Michael’s anus while they shill toys." -RD Reynolds
Z. Mann Zilla