WINNER Help
Joypad for Nexus 7
(1/1)
Skrag
Hi Riggers

I've not bought any of this stuff yet.  I want to connect an Xbox 360 controller (for pc) to my Nexus 7 via an otg cable.  Will the joypad be recognised automatically, or do I need to get an app for it?  If so, which app should I get?

Also, would it be better if I got a wireless joypad instead?  I guess i'd need a dongle of some kind for it to work?  Also what app?

I assume if I can get it to work on my Nexus, then it'll be easy to also use on my PC

Dissident
using the 360 controller on PC is very simple, you just have to download a program from microsoft.

I've seen it work on Android devices but having something with a cable seems very inconvenient.  The wireless adapter for the wireless 360 controller is $40, uses infrared and needs a lot of power so it's hardly worth it.
Steve
The Xbox 360 controller is said to JUST WORK via USB.
No app required

If you want a wireless controller I'd recommend the PS3 controller.
It requires rooting and a $2.00 app from the Play Store, but it is THE BEST OH YEAH BABY bluetooth controller for Android.
JAVIKS
ps3 controllers are the absolute best if you hate piece of poo poo controllers
Diceman
Guys I have a ps3 controller but i'm scared to root my Nexus 7, Steev could you call me and talk me through it?
Skrag
Well everyone I know seems to really like the xbox controller, I think i'll buy it with a little otg cable/converter and see how it does on the Nexus with emulated games and other stuff

I've also needed a good controller for my PC for ages, so this should be OK

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ANSWERING MY DUMB QUESTIONS BE WINNER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

bjorno the hedgehog
i think the ps3 controller is bluetooth and should be easier to connect maybe (wirelessly) but I am famously dumb and am just guessing on this.
Dissident
PS3 is supposed to be the best for the reasons just laid out, you can also buy a handy clip for your phone to attach it
Navigation
Message Index
Go to full version