YOUREWINNER.COM

A tip to spot those nasty police roadblocks!

#1 13-12-2012, 17:45:47 PM
  • Big Rigs physics define the purpose of our existence.
  • Rigcoins: 202.60
  • Send Money to Naterdoo
    Trophy
  • +
  • "I was LOSER once, but I became WINNER"
Have you grown paranoid of that ultimate traffic stoppers? Are you afraid that you may encounter one some time in the futire? Do you wish that you could spot them from afar? Well look no further! BEHOLD!

Take a look at the leverage you have. You've got the cover behind/inside the tree. You've got a higher view of the world. You can even see the bridge whereas before you could not. Here's a comparison:

You are at the same height as in the last picture but you cannot see the bridge. This is a huge difference and essential in spotting the roadblocks. Now you may be asking, how do I get such results? Well follow this strategy and you'll be a spotting roadblocks from a lightyear away.
 :stalin:
1. Find a tree. (This has to be a tree that is on a hill. I have not yet found a way to attempt this on a flatground tree.)
2. Inch up to the tree
3. You're camera will flicker a little or shoot upwards. If it does not, try changing positions at how you approach the tree.
4. Now adjust it by going forwards and in reverse. (Tip in a tip: Try using what I discovered last week for extra smoothing in adjusting your camera angle.
5. Now spot those terrible traffic stoppers!
 :stalin:
Now, I know how you guys hate the imperfection known as "collision detection", however there IS collision detection in Big Rigs and it's been right under our noses for a long long time. But it is not the kind of collision detection you all know and hate. It is BIG RIGS COLLISION DETECTION. Ask yourselves this: why does the truck go under the bridge, but the camera stays on the bridge. Answer? The collision detection does not lie in the RIG, it lies in the CAMERA. This trick that I have found out only works because the camera can traverse objects, such as bridges and trees. The bridge is an easy object for the camera to get on and the tree is as such an angle up against the hills that the camera can lift itself up. It is a unique style of collision detection which further proves the point that Stellar Stone created the unique and unreplicatable masterpiece known as Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.
I hope this helps everyone because all of you are  :stamp:

X23
#2 13-12-2012, 20:32:24 PM
that's amazing, I didn't even know big rigs could be played as a stealth game.

x33
Dellanus Bruaawn
#3 13-12-2012, 20:35:26 PM
Now, I know how you guys hate the imperfection known as "collision detection", however there IS collision detection in Big Rigs and it's been right under our noses for a long long time. But it is not the kind of collision detection you all know and hate. It is BIG RIGS COLLISION DETECTION. Ask yourselves this: why does the truck go under the bridge, but the camera stays on the bridge. Answer? The collision detection does not lie in the RIG, it lies in the CAMERA.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BUILDINGS?!

http://www.yourewinner.com/index.php?action=profile;u=761;sa=forumProfile
#4 13-12-2012, 20:50:43 PM
  • Send Money to Naterdoo
    Trophy
  • +
Now, I know how you guys hate the imperfection known as "collision detection", however there IS collision detection in Big Rigs and it's been right under our noses for a long long time. But it is not the kind of collision detection you all know and hate. It is BIG RIGS COLLISION DETECTION. Ask yourselves this: why does the truck go under the bridge, but the camera stays on the bridge. Answer? The collision detection does not lie in the RIG, it lies in the CAMERA.
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BUILDINGS?!

Yes, I found out recently that it does also work with buildings. I even managed to get a nice screenshot looking over a checkpoint in Devil's Passage by getting the camera to travel on the concrete. Check it out:

#5 13-12-2012, 20:52:10 PM
  • Send Money to Naterdoo
    Trophy
  • +
Oh but there are some buildings that have a lip on it making the camera shift down a bit and therefore not able to get on the building. That could be a downside to this.

X23
#6 13-12-2012, 21:56:31 PM
The Big Rigs Metagame is constantly changing

x33
#7 14-12-2012, 13:23:08 PM
This technological discovery will improve all of Rigkind.  :bluerig:

Codybean1