Social/Off-Topic
good books thread
(1/1)
RowdyTuesday
I've been reading Robert E. Howard's Conan short stories recently. They are freaking awesome.

Are there any other good books? what are your top books?
Cat Brush
Been working my way through Agatha Christie's oeuvre and I gotta say, she's popular for a reason.
bjorno the hedgehog

--- Quote from: RowdyTuesday on 16-11-2023, 02:25:13 AM ---
I've been reading Robert E. Howard's Conan short stories recently. They are freaking awesome.

Are there any other good books? what are your top books?

--- End quote ---

I have read this and agree.
bjorno the hedgehog
I'm reading 'THE MAD GOD'S AMULET'.
RowdyTuesday
I've never even heard of Michael Moorcock. I will look into his books.
bjorno the hedgehog
He's written some CLASSICS
RowdyTuesday
The developers of Warhammer Age of Sigmar were influenced by Moorcock. That is is a fact that can no more easily be denied than the reality of gravity.
Cirus
I want to get to Wandering Stars soon: https://bookshop.org/p/books/wandering-stars-tommy-orange/20147180

His first book (There There) was exceptional
Cat Brush
There isn't a larger condemnation of a piece of media for me than telling me it influenced Age of Sigmar.
Cirus
Age of Ligmar
Dissident
I've been reading Dubliners little by little recently.  It's a lot more approachable than I thought it would be.  Maybe it's time to take another crack at Ulysses.
Skrag
I've started the first book in the Siege of Terra epic
RowdyTuesday

--- Quote from: Cat Brush on 01-05-2024, 10:08:47 AM ---
There isn't a larger condemnation of a piece of media for me than telling me it influenced Age of Sigmar.

--- End quote ---
I don't have an opinion about Age of Sigmar one way or the other. I read the Wiki article and it mentioned Moorcock as a source of inspiration.

I got the orc and human starter pack when I was like 11. I think that was Fantasy also known as Old World. I'm not really sure what the difference is between that and AoS. My friend says the skaven almost devoured everything in the world until King Sigmar put them into check. I can't be bothered to Google simple lore so I assume he is correct.

By the way I ordered an Orc Kill Team and my buddy and I glued them and primed them yesterday . Those are the first GW minis I've bought in more than 20 years.
Navigation
Message Index
Go to full version