YOUREWINNER.COM

OFFICIAL FOOTBALL TOPIC IX - New season!!!

Cirus
#16 26-02-2017, 15:24:47 PM
Also: Sunderland is finally going down

cirus_
Skrag
#17 28-02-2017, 13:58:35 PM
  • Welcome to the layer cake son.
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113614.39
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • not skraggaraksergey avatarwelcome to the layer cake son+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
So, a 3-1 win for Leicester against Liverpool.  I know Liverpool were poo pooe in that game, but it makes me wonder about what Chelsea did to get Mourinho sacked... seems awfully similar to Leicester this season.  But I suppose this is just one game, and you can't draw any parallels to that just yet.

Skrag
#18 28-02-2017, 14:00:23 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
Also: Sunderland is finally going down

Wait, really?  I've not looked at the table to work it out, is it confirmed?

Cirus
#19 28-02-2017, 17:02:02 PM
So, a 3-1 win for Leicester against Liverpool.  I know Liverpool were poo pooe in that game, but it makes me wonder about what Chelsea did to get Mourinho sacked... seems awfully similar to Leicester this season.  But I suppose this is just one game, and you can't draw any parallels to that just yet.

The tactics were bad, the players weren't trying and Ranieri didn't show signs of getting them to turn it around at any point this season.  Those 3 goals were the first league goals Leicester had scored in 2017, that tells you enough about how bad they were.

Sunderland isn't confirmed to go down yet, they're at the bottom of the table but only 3 points from 17th.  There are a few problems though:

1. The squad is bad and on top of that has suffered the most injuries in the league.  This has led to no consistency from match to match, and there have been a few U21s getting starts.

2. The financial situation is beyond bad, and as a result there was no money to buy decent players.  The owner is desperately trying to sell.  To the club's credit, the new CEO has been doing a lot of work to balance the books behind the scenes.  See this video for more:

3. Hull and Swansea are playing better under their new managers, Palace has Big Sam who has a proven record, Leicester are simply too good and will stay up with a new manager.  Who will Sunderland be better than?  Boro is the only one that looks possible unless Sunderland really turns it around.

4. GD is bad.

So yeah it's looking grim.

cirus_
Skrag
#20 01-03-2017, 14:11:55 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
fetch.  So if Sunderland are relegated, they're screwed it seems.

JAVIKS
#21 01-03-2017, 21:04:43 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 366522.57
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • DadCoors Light FanTAG TEAM CHAMP+
  • "cats are like potato chips"
more like suckerland in that case

JAVIKS
Skrag
#22 17-03-2017, 15:25:01 PM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
Can't believe Leicester is the only English team in the last 8... or that Leicester are even there at all.  It's unreal.

Cirus
#23 17-03-2017, 15:29:56 PM
Dortmund - Monaco will have about 100 goals combined

Leicester have played so much better since they sacked Ranieri

cirus_
Cirus
#24 18-03-2017, 21:07:23 PM
Sunderland missed about 5 clear chances tonight, they're as good as down now. Hope Moyes doesn't get sacked and I'll be curious who remains in the squad.

cirus_
Skrag
#25 19-03-2017, 06:44:51 AM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
If Sunderland's debts are called in, not many; when it happened to Leeds in 2006-07, they lost most of their team.  I'd expect at least 2-3 players will go with the loss of TV revenue or not wanting to play in the Championship.

In other news, Leicester won a thriller against West Ham yesterday.  We played great in the first half with a 3-1 lead, then the Hammers scored another and attacked constantly afterwards - we barely held on in a very tense second-half, Schmeichel made some brilliant saves to give us our first away win of the whole season.

It's just a real shame Ranieri went like that after what he did for us, but yeah looking at our results now it was a good thing I suppose.

Cirus
#26 19-03-2017, 11:15:05 AM
Actually as a result of the new TV deal, Sunderland's debts would basically be erased if relegated. Combine that with sales and getting rid of players and that leads to a much better financial picture. The issue is then putting together a squad that can be better than a midtable Championship club and I'm not convinced that will happen in the first season down.

I really do hope Leicester win the champions league, I'm glad they're getting clear of relegation. I can't see any of the bottom 3 surviving.

cirus_
Cirus
#27 30-03-2017, 12:34:07 PM
Bastian Schweinsteiger joined Chicago in a somewhat impressive capture for MLS.  American reporter proceeds to ask him if Chicago can win the World Cup:

cirus_
Skrag
#28 19-04-2017, 04:50:47 AM
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
Leicester fought the brave fight but we're now out of the Champions League.  Well, we had a good run, survived Premiership relegation again, hopefully next season we can get a top-4 finish and prove that our 2016 win was no fluke

Cirus
#29 19-04-2017, 12:17:22 PM
The only English club to get to the quarterfinals, that's a pretty impressive feat.

cirus_