• Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113614.39
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 7 Trophy
  • sergey avatarwelcome to the layer cake sonBIG PICTURES+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"
From this, it sounds like a poo poo game so far

#19 24-05-2015, 22:06:43 PM
made it through the prologue, it's ok so far. i'm with zigs on this one, though: i don't really get the alchemy changes. i don't want to run around flower-picking and buying/foraging ingredients either but the whole "make once and forget about that recipe forever" thing is very strange, especially where you can use one alcohol to replenish absolutely everything. i haven't even used an oil yet so i didn't know about it lasting forever, that's weird too.

at the higher difficultly levels where you don't regain health until you meditate, i wouldn't even bother meditating until i used up most of my bomb/potion/oil stock.

TheGrandMystic
Cat Brush
#20 24-05-2015, 22:20:30 PM
Is this a problem that can be fixed with mods perhaps?

bladehq
ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
#21 24-05-2015, 22:42:50 PM
  • Это вроде сосать быть Дарта Вейдера
  • Rigcoins: 30212916.90
  • Send Money to ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • BrazilianThe NapsterPC Master Race+
  • "I hate people"
made it through the prologue, it's ok so far. i'm with zigs on this one, though: i don't really get the alchemy changes. i don't want to run around flower-picking and buying/foraging ingredients either but the whole "make once and forget about that recipe forever" thing is very strange, especially where you can use one alcohol to replenish absolutely everything. i haven't even used an oil yet so i didn't know about it lasting forever, that's weird too.

at the higher difficultly levels where you don't regain health until you meditate, i wouldn't even bother meditating until i used up most of my bomb/potion/oil stock.

Actually oils don't last forever after being applied but it's irrelevant since once you craft an oil it never runs out (you just have to re-apply once in a while)

ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
#22 24-05-2015, 22:43:00 PM
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • "I hate people"
Is this a problem that can be fixed with mods perhaps?

Possibly

#23 25-05-2015, 16:16:54 PM
Also as far as the equipment crafting recipes go, maybe it's just because I'm exploring around but every time I find or buy one it's either 10 levels above where I'm at or already obsolete, never something when I need it

TheGrandMystic
Cirus
#24 05-01-2017, 17:08:09 PM
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 9811901.09
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • Head Cynic/Obscure Metalheadsmug hipsterProfessional Football Manager+
This is the best RPG ever

@Skrag thoughts??

cirus_
DZ
#25 05-01-2017, 22:02:57 PM
  • grrrraaaaaaagggh
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 71.40
  • Send Money to DZ
    yourewinner.com app Thumb Up
  • Active memberszaps dicksNot Active Enough+
  • "i am a trailer park hooker"

@Skrag thoughts??
you seem to have posted in the wrong place; this isn't the Fallout: New Vegas thread

DZ987
Cirus
#26 06-01-2017, 01:32:06 AM
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 9811901.09
  • Send Money to Cirus
    Windows 10 Thumb Up
  • Head Cynic/Obscure Metalheadsmug hipsterProfessional Football Manager+

@Skrag thoughts??
you seem to have posted in the wrong place; this isn't the Fallout: New Vegas thread

:laugh:

cirus_
#27 06-01-2017, 04:17:44 AM
can't we just agree that both are god-tier games?

ZIGS_ARE_WINNER
#28 06-01-2017, 04:48:55 AM
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • "I hate people"
They're both better than Dark Souls, that's for sure

JAVIKS
#29 06-01-2017, 10:57:37 AM
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 366522.57
  • Send Money to JAVIKS
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • TAG TEAM CHAMPDadCoors Light Fan+
  • "cats are like potato chips"
I'm going to costumize my dark souls 3 character as Ciri

JAVIKS
Skrag
#30 06-01-2017, 14:38:41 PM
  • Welcome to the layer cake son.
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 74113614.39
  • Send Money to Skrag
    Windows 10 Trophy
  • sergey avatarwelcome to the layer cake sonBIG PICTURES+
  • "mmmmmmmmm lemon"

@Skrag thoughts??

It does have it's bugs - none of which are game-breaking, though they are annoying - but yes, this is one of the best RPGs ever made.  It's perhaps the biggest game i've ever seen in terms of things to do.  Story and writing are both excellent.  Some decisions you make do have an impact later on; so many games claim they do this, but rarely do they actually have a significant effect.

Yeah, alchemy has been "dumbed down" to some extent, but it does mean you can focus on better things rather than the tedious creation and re-creation of potions, oils and the like, which i'm sure would have made the game incredibly boring after you've re-created your collection of potions for the thousandth time.  The main focus instead is on quests and the story, which are clearly the greatest strengths of The Witcher 3.  It's a breath of fresh air compared to other RPG's, where you're forced to constantly juggle inventory items in an almost OCD-type way.  On that note, I also like how many items have zero weight, meaning that running out of inventory space happens so rarely - again, another good and fresh change compared to other RPGs, where usually you're forced to find a vendor and sell everything once every fifteen minutes, or even worse discard items on the ground, or build ridiculous collections stored in one or more houses.

I'm still on my first play-through, and haven't actually completed the game yet.  I'm glad I started on the hardest difficulty - Death March - as right now I can kill Royal Griffins and other higher-tier monsters easily (i'm level 25).  There is still the odd encounter where I do struggle with (right now, high-level Rock and Ice Trolls can kill me in one hit!), but i'm sure when I level-up more and fashion better equipment, i'll be able to handle them easily.  This is another thing the game does well; progression is very gradual, and you can't suddenly become a god if you select a certain skill when levelling up, unlike in some other games.  It is disappointing though when I find weapons in the game; 99% of them are trash, a result of items scaling towards your character level perhaps - they always seem slightly worse than the weapon you currently have.

Overall it's a great game, and if you don't buy it you'll be missing out on one of the greatest RPG experiences ever - but it can swallow up hundreds of hours!