YOUREWINNER.COM

downgrade to old forums

RowdyTuesday
#16 04-11-2011, 22:43:45 PM
Going back to rigism.com wouldn't really change anything, we were all different people back then.  I was a /b/tard, and I don't think anyone would like to see that side of my ever again, least of all myself.  The forum in general suffered from a lot of memespam and repetition of in-jokes for years after they first came about (so much damage is a lasting example).  That culture has thankfully waned to make way for the new and uniquely awful brand of puerile and simplistic comedy that we enjoy today.
YW is the funniest forum on the internet. If YW is simplistic, what is complicated? Rage comics? Once again Dissident sacrifices content for style.

omegamarth
#17 05-11-2011, 00:03:41 AM
Board ain't as good as the old days.
I guess that's because everybody here is just getting used to being the "Designated regular poster elitist guy".
I wasn't around for those days either... But even when I joined, things seemed... I don't know, better?
Hell, the gamefaqs board was still active at that point. Me and HylianKnight were keeping the place alive when everybody else abandoned it. Now adays, a couple n00bs post there, and me and EJ frequent from time to time.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/MikeBalrogsPunchOut
O-ZONE
#18 05-11-2011, 00:12:23 AM
i don't know dude

ducis02
#19 05-11-2011, 00:28:18 AM
I think the quality of posts has improved overall all things considered. it is what it is. there's nowhere to go but up moving forward.

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
Bro Faustkampf für die Freiheit gegen Nationalsozialistiche Mods
VOTE FOR DUCIS VOTE FOR STATUS QUO
IMAEG USERNAMES YAY
RowdyTuesday
#20 05-11-2011, 00:38:33 AM
I guess that's because everybody here is just getting used to being the "Designated regular poster elitist guy".
I wasn't around for those days either... But even when I joined, things seemed... I don't know, better?
Hell, the gamefaqs board was still active at that point. Me and HylianKnight were keeping the place alive when everybody else abandoned it. Now adays, a couple n00bs post there, and me and EJ frequent from time to time.
See my topic Enough is enough...

Dissident
#21 05-11-2011, 00:44:50 AM
  • the ultimate, the muffin man
  • Administrator
  • Rigcoins: 99833079.59
  • Send Money to Dissident
    Thumb Up
  • weeaboosexual orientation uncleardissident b shirt+
  • "smash the patriarchy"
you're right, back then JC was still around

Dissident International Anti-Furry Organization
ducis02
#23 05-11-2011, 01:12:56 AM
Going back to rigism.com wouldn't really change anything, we were all different people back then.  I was a /b/tard, and I don't think anyone would like to see that side of my ever again, least of all myself.  The forum in general suffered from a lot of memespam and repetition of in-jokes for years after they first came about (so much damage is a lasting example).  That culture has thankfully waned to make way for the new and uniquely awful brand of puerile and simplistic comedy that we enjoy today.
YW is the funniest forum on the internet. If YW is simplistic, what is complicated? Rage comics? Once again Dissident sacrifices content for style.

i agre

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
Bro Faustkampf für die Freiheit gegen Nationalsozialistiche Mods
VOTE FOR DUCIS VOTE FOR STATUS QUO
IMAEG USERNAMES YAY
RowdyTuesday
#24 05-11-2011, 02:53:16 AM
There is no way of getting around it. Dissident has serious psychological issues. He has internalized pessimism so acutely that he makes light of it: an act that feigns optimism in order that he not realize the cold, harsh truth - that he is brimming with negative energy. Having fallen out of his element, Dissident balances his pessimism with a twisted optimism in the hopes of reaching an equilibrium. Unfortunately, he fails to realize that counteracting his negativity with a single, positive gesture of optimism only heightens his delusion. For in his attempt to find harmony, Dissident entertains few and intermittent notions of optimism which only serve to affirm his incomprehensible negativity. All the while he remains aloof to the center. Dissident believes that his psyche is like an acid that can be counteracted with alkaline digressions. He does not realize that his psyche is more akin to a target - that skirting around it only brings more tension, that to achieve a state of happiness, he must hurdle himself towards the bull's eye, impervious to the extremes.

Perhaps my imagery is unfair, indeed there are no binary reserves of positive-negative energy in psychology. Rather, he has reinforced his negativity with further negativity, solidifying this state with one great act of positive affirmation. As if to say, "I will be positive about my negativity".

#25 05-11-2011, 04:41:20 AM
- Last Edit: 05-11-2011, 04:45:03 AM
Goodbye, quality users
No more posts about WINNERness and rigs
No more references to y'all being WINNERs

So, goodbye, my forum
Goodbye, everyone
It's been fun
But I gotta run
So goodbye

I'm not leaving, but I'd like to dedicate this song to the old Rigism forums Internetwide, as they were in 2005-2009. Also, as for repeating memes on BR&R, I agree, but there were still some interesting posts like complex BROTRR stories ("I contacted Lord Stell, and faintly heard...the Big Rigs song") and new wallpapers (the X-mas one with the rigs driving across the snowy mountain is my favorite). On YW.com, whenever somebody posts there's almost no variation and it's always to repeat "YOU'RE WINNER !" in a futile attempt to keep the board alive.