- Last Edit: 06-02-2016, 15:26:00 PM
  • grrrraaaaaaagggh
  • Global Moderator
  • Rigcoins: 71.40
  • Send Money to DZ
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
  • Not Active EnoughActive memberszaps dicks+
  • "i am a trailer park hooker"
I think it's safe to say pretty much everyone that uses this subforum watches WWE, but as I grow increasingly bored with their product I'm interested in what else (if anything) you guys watch.

I follow New Japan casually - it can be pretty inaccessible for American fans so I have a hard time keeping up with it, but I make sure to tune in for the G1 Climax (annual tournament where everyone goes all-out, works super stiff, and puts on classic matches) and the Tokyo Dome Show (basically their WrestleMania). However, with Shinsuke Nakamura (a guy that oozes charisma and you can love without speaking his language) coming to WWE and AJ Styles and Finn Balor already there (with rumors of other Bullet Club members to follow) I don't see myself watching as closely in the future.

I also recently started watching Lucha Underground, and highly recommend it to anyone looking for an alternative to WWE. It has incredible production values compared to other smaller promotions, and it's in a very digestible hour-episode format. Because of this format, not every wrestler appears on every show, so you never get sick of them and wins actually feel like they matter. Also helps that it features a lot of familiar faces like Johnny Mundo and Alberto El Patron, along with some fantastic characters like Mil Muertes and Pentagon Jr. I just finished watching season one with Donut and the season finale, Ultime Lucha, was one of my favorite wrestling shows in history.

DZ987
#2 06-02-2016, 16:22:21 PM
hey I was going to ask this same question!

Currently I only watch WWE but I kinda wanna watch something more extreme with weed whackers and fluorescent light tubes and stuff

DZ
#3 06-02-2016, 18:40:04 PM
  • grrrraaaaaaagggh
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to DZ
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
don't watch CZW

DZ987
#4 07-02-2016, 15:12:36 PM
probably gonna check out lucha underground

#5 07-02-2016, 17:55:13 PM
is there girl luchas?

cuz if so, luchadora the explora would a cool name

#6 07-02-2016, 18:21:08 PM
- Last Edit: 30-08-2019, 10:54:30 AM
i said hella  wtf

#7 08-02-2016, 07:09:35 AM
- Last Edit: 08-02-2016, 07:20:25 AM
Lucha Underground is pretty cool/crazy I'll probably keep watching it.

I especially enjoyed the Mack (black guy) vs. "The Darewolf" PJ Black (white guy) match where one of the commentators told the other commentator "you're gonna get yourself in trouble just call him darewolf" (because he was calling him black)

DZ
#8 09-02-2016, 00:36:49 AM
  • grrrraaaaaaagggh
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to DZ
    Windows 7 Thumb Up
Glad to hear you liked it. As you could probably tell from the episode you watched, it's a lot more plot-driven and cinematic than most other feds, so if you get invested in the storylines (or want to) you should probably start from the beginning. The format makes it great for binge-watching in a way you can't really do with other companies.

DZ987
ZMannZilla
#9 08-03-2016, 13:19:40 PM
  • "There ain't no stopping us now, we celebrate on the floor"
  • Rigcoins: 3877803.30
  • Send Money to ZMannZilla
    Windows 8 Trophy
  • Kind heartGreat fatherBob Cobra was here+
  • "YOU LOOK STU-PID *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*"
My only issue with Lucha Underground is that none of the TV stations near me show it, and streaming things without a console app requires me to sit in my poo pooty computer chair which is not the way to get my undivided attention. But what I have seen is freaking awesome, it's like if Wrestling Society X was designed by people who actually like wrestling.

I have the WWE Network mostly so I can have it on in the background while I'm playing WWE 2K16. I've always had a weird soft spot for the undercard, I think it's because weirdos are just allowed to do their thing without having to worry about their affect on the top-tier storylines. That's why while NXT is still my favorite WWE show, my close second is the first half of any given episode of Superstars.

I'd still watch TNA if any of the stations available to me actually played it. I'm looking forward to catching up on old episodes on the WWE Network in a couple years when they fold. I still think nobody gives EC3 the credit he deserves as a heel; he's one of the few people I can think of that can simultaneously do "power figure heel" and "chickenpoo poo heel" simultaneously and actually pull it off.

I used to be fortunate enough that my local Spanish channel showed AAA every week, where I'd get to see my favorite luchador of all time, Cibernetico. Sadly, they stopped for some reason.

Have you ever seen Ring Ka King? It was a TNA-derived attempt to bring pro wrestling to India, and it was at least as entertaining as a good episode of TNA. Episodes switched between English and Farsi, and there are several familiar faces (including what has to be the most hilarious entrance Scott Steiner has ever made into a segment, walking in just to call a group of brown people speaking Farsi "white trash"). Fortunately the entire first season is on YouTube so I can watch it with a YouTube app on my TV.

I'll be honest, I haven't kept up on puroresu. I'll usually only watch the matches that my wrestling friends recommend to me based on pure weirdness (e.g. guys wrestling brooms, invisible opponents, or 5YO girls doing the Undertaker's moveset).

I imagine I would enjoy watching ROH if they had an actual TV show that I could watch on my actual TV. I consider ROH and CZW to be the Valiant Comics and Image Comics of wrestling - only real fans know about them, and even then most of them only pretend to know or appreciate what's going on in them. If it wasn't for Moxley/Ambrose, I'd only remember CZW as "the fed that seems to think the problem with ECW was not enough impractical prop spots".

And I love love love LOVE watching yard-tards breaking things over each other's heads within the general vicinity of two mattresses and/or a trampoline.

big rigs is great and i want to suck his cock

"Yeah, let’s bring back the Attitude Era…so we can see Shawn Michael’s anus while they shill toys." -RD Reynolds
Z. Mann Zilla
#10 10-03-2016, 15:53:29 PM
DZ
#11 12-03-2016, 13:08:43 PM
  • grrrraaaaaaagggh
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to DZ
    yourewinner.com app Thumb Up
LU coming to netflix???
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/49tc7d/wrestling_observer_newsletter_lucha_underground/
This would be a very good thing to help them get exposure, but it looks like it'd just be the first season for now. Doesn't solve the issue of new episodes being so inaccessible, unfortunately. I'd love to see them get a deal with a more major network than El Rey some day.

DZ987
b
#12 12-03-2016, 17:27:43 PM
  • WINNERS
  • Rigcoins: 1218.80
  • Send Money to b
  • not a botlaughingcolours.comhas feelings+
  • » BANNED
EDIT: This is competition 5, and I wanted to try one of many companies that the NGO is dependent upon for survival. I mean, I'm not just going to make it fun too.

bjorno the hedgehog
#13 12-03-2016, 17:48:59 PM
just fetchin torrent it duhh

cheers m8
bjorno780 http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2969/freesorfzl1.gif
DZ
#14 12-03-2016, 21:26:09 PM
  • grrrraaaaaaagggh
  • Global Moderator
  • Send Money to DZ